The Lawrence Underground
Evangelicals killing Christianity - Printable Version

+- The Lawrence Underground (http://lawrenceunderground.com)
+-- Forum: News and Talk (http://lawrenceunderground.com/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (http://lawrenceunderground.com/forum-25.html)
+--- Thread: Evangelicals killing Christianity (/thread-16866.html)

Pages: 1 2

Evangelicals killing Christianity - Jessamine - 11-15-2017

Christianity has died in the hands of Evangelicals. Evangelicalism ceased being a religious faith tradition following Jesus’ teachings concerning justice for the betterment of humanity when it made a Faustian bargain for the sake of political influence. 

The beauty of the gospel message — of love, of peace and of fraternity — has been murdered by the ambitions of Trumpish flimflammers who have sold their souls for expediency. No greater proof is needed of the death of Christianity than the rush to defend a child molester in order to maintain a majority in the U.S. Senate.

Evangelicals have constructed an exclusive interpretation which fuses and confuses white supremacy with salvation. Only those from the dominant culture, along with their supposed inferiors who with colonized minds embrace assimilation, can be saved. But their salvation damns Jesus. To save Jesus from those claiming to be his heirs, we must wrench him from the hands of those who use him as a façade from which to hide their phobias — their fear of blacks, their fear of the undocumented, their fear of Muslims, their fear of everything gay.

Evangelicalism has ceased to be a faith perspective rooted on Jesus the Christ and has become a political movement whose beliefs repudiate all Jesus advocated. A message of hate permeates their pronouncements, evident in sulphurous proclamations like the Nashville Statement, which elevates centuries of sexual dysfunctionalities since the days of Augustine by imposing them upon Holy Writ. They condemn as sin those who express love outside the evangelical anti-body straight jacket.

Evangelicalism’s unholy marriage to the Prosperity Gospel justifies multi-millionaire bilkers wearing holy vestments made of sheep’s clothing who discovered being profiteers rather than prophets delivers an earthly security never promised by the One in whose name they slaughter those who are hungry, thirsty and naked, and the alien among them. Christianity at a profit is an abomination before all that is Holy.

From their gilded pedestals erected in white centers of wealth and power, they gaslight all to believe they are the ones being persecuted because of their faith.
Evangelicalism’s embrace of a new age of ignorance, blames homosexuality for Harvey’s rage rather than considering the scientific consequences climate change has on the number of increasing storms of greater and greater ferocity. 

To ignore the damage caused to God’s creation so the few can profit in raping Mother Earth causes celebrations in the fiery pits of Gehenna.
Evangelicalism forsakes holding a sexual predator, an adulterer, a liar and a racist accountable, instead serving as a shield against those who question POTUS’ immorality because of some warped reincarnation of Cyrus. Laying holy hands upon the incarnation of the very vices Jesus condemned to advance a political agenda — instead of rebuking and chastising in loving prayer — has prostituted the gospel in exchange for the victory of a Supreme Court pick.

Evangelicalism either remained silent or actually supported Charlottesville goose steppers because they protect their white privilege with the doublespeak of preserving heritage, leading them to equate opponents of fascist movements with the purveyors of hatred. Jesus has yet recovered from the vomiting induced by the Christian defenders of torch-wielding white nationalists calling for “blood-and-soil.”

The Evangelicals’ Jesus is satanic, and those who hustle this demon are “false apostles, deceitful workers, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants also masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve” (2 Cor. 11:13-15, NIV).

You might wonder if my condemnation is too harsh. It is not, for the Spirit of the Lord has convicted me to shout from the mountaintop how God’s precious children are being devoured by the hatred and bigotry of those who have positioned themselves as the voice of God in America.

As a young man, I walked down the sawdust aisle at a Southern Baptist church and gave my heart to Jesus.

Besides offering my broken heart, I also gave my mind to understanding God, and my arm to procuring God’s call for justice. I have always considered myself to be an evangelical, but I can no longer allow my name to be tarnished by that political party masquerading as Christian. Like many women and men of good will who still struggle to believe, but not in the evangelical political agenda, I too no longer want or wish to be associated with an ideology responsible for tearing humanity apart. 

But if you, dear reader, still cling to a hate-mongering ideology, may I humbly suggest you get saved.

https://baptistnews.com/article/death-christianity-u-s/#.WgvVfaJMGaM

RE: Evangelicals killing Christianity - susnus - 11-15-2017

wassamatta?  got a case of moore blues?

I saw the guy backing Moore citing the milestones of the government giving away the plantation - the '62 Supreme Court ruling on prayer in schools, the '64 Civil Rights act, the '65 Voting Rights act.

when they say the deep south, Alabama is at the bottom, fo' sho'.

RE: Evangelicals killing Christianity - BornAgainAmerican - 11-15-2017

Miguel A. De La Torre is a Social Justice Warrior.  Althogh he identified as Republican very early on in his life, it's doubtful he identifies as Republican today.  If so, he's a RINO given his present day activities.  

Quote:De La Torre continued his theological training and obtained a doctorate from Temple University in social ethics in 1999. According to the books he published, he focuses on ethics within contemporary U.S. thought, specifically how religion affects race, class, and gender oppression. His works 1) applies a social scientific approach to Latino/a religiosity within this country;[4] 2) studies Liberation theologies in the Caribbean and Latin America (specifically in Cuba);[5] and 3) engages in postmodern/postcolonial social theory. De La Torre is considered to be the most published Latinx in the field of religious studies with over thirty books and hundreds of articles.

In 1999 he was hired to teach Christian Ethics at Hope College in Holland, MI. In 2005 he wrote a column for the local newspaper, The Holland Sentinel, titled "When the Bible is Used for Hatred."[6] The article was a satirical piece commenting on Focus on the Family's James Dobson outing of SpongeBob SquarePants. Dobson responded to the article.[7]

A controversy over these articles ensued.[8] A few months afterwards, De La Torre was forced to resign his tenure and took the position of associate professor for social ethics at Iliff School of Theology in Denver, Colorado.[9]He became a full professor in 2010.

Atheists are adamant in their belief that God does't exist, but they hate him anyway.

RE: Evangelicals killing Christianity - Jessamine - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 09:56 AM)BornAgainAmerican Wrote: Atheists are adamant in their belief that God does't exist, but they hate him anyway.

You’ve got it all wrong. I don’t hate anyone, not even you. Once again, when have I ever told you what my beliefs are?  The point here is that many evangelicals are driving folks away from the church because they use the scriptures for hateful means. Moore is a perfect example. Do you support Moore?

(11-15-2017, 10:31 AM)Jessamine Wrote: You’ve got it all wrong. I don’t hate anyone, not even you. Once again, when have I ever told you what my beliefs are?  The point here is that many evangelicals are driving folks away from the church because they use the scriptures for hateful means. Moore is a perfect example. Do you support Moore?

I support Moore's right to defend himself and provide answers to the charges even if it means postponing the election for a year until this can be sorted out.  Why do you insist on rushing to judgement?

As far as evangelicals driving folks away from church, I haven't noticed any drop in attendance in my congregation.  If anyone is being driven away from church my guess would be that they are either M00nBrats or lo-info peeps that read nothing but the msm and articles written by Social Justice Warriors such as De La Torre.

RE: Evangelicals killing Christianity - Agent99 - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 09:56 AM)BornAgainAmerican Wrote: Atheists are adamant in their belief that God does't exist, but they hate him anyway.

LOL!! Spot on Born Again. Like people who say they hate oysters but have never stuck one in their mouth.

LOL all day!!!!

RE: Evangelicals killing Christianity - Agent99 - 11-15-2017

BTW, who's "rushing" to defend Moore? I still yet have to see a pundit or anyone on the hill say that defend Moore. No Christians. No one is "rushing" to defend him, but I have seen some AL residents say they'll vote for him anyway. 

Fact is, legions of leftist zombies would giddily cast a vote for The Horny Hillbilly today in droves were to hypothetically run again. Weiner was still defended by even feminists after sentenced to 20 months in lock-up.

May double standards live unprecedented!

(11-15-2017, 10:56 AM)Agent99 Wrote: BTW, who's "rushing" to defend Moore? I still yet have to see a pundit or anyone on the hill say that defend Moore. No Christians. No one is "rushing" to defend him, but I have seen some AL residents say they'll vote for him anyway. 

Fact is, legions of leftist zombies would giddily cast a vote for The Horny Hillbilly today in droves were to hypothetically run again. Weiner was still defended by even feminists after sentenced to 20 months in lock-up.

May double standards live unprecedented!

Don't forget Ted Kennedy A99.  Very suspicious circumstances surrounding the death of Mary Jo Kopechne.  Even after that he went on to be depicted as the "Lion of the Senate".

RE: Evangelicals killing Christianity - Jessamine - 11-15-2017

(11-15-2017, 10:44 AM)BornAgainAmerican Wrote: I support Moore's right to defend himself and provide answers to the charges even if it means postponing the election for a year until this can be sorted out.  Why do you insist on rushing to judgement?

As far as evangelicals driving folks away from church, I haven't noticed any drop in attendance in my congregation.  If anyone is being driven away from church my guess would be that they are either M00nBrats or lo-info peeps that read nothing but the msm and articles written by Social Justice Warriors such as De La Torre.

AL Governor has no intention of delaying the election. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.al.com/news/index.ssf/2017/11/gov_kay_ivey_has_no_plans_to_c.amp

If you belong to an evangelical church, then I understand why you haven’t seen a decline. Once again, you miss the point. 

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/is-the-religious-right-to-blame-for-christianitys-decline/

No judgement here but it appears, however, your political party has since they pulled the money and several GOP reps have decided he should step aside.