Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Imagine no religion
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/kim-davi...-marshals/

Well this dumb b*tch got what she asked for.  She can rot in jail.  Damn domestic terrorist.

Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

She's such a paragon of virtue. Not. She's been divorced three times and is on her 4th hubby. Or, he's on her. Ugh.
Anyway, toss her in the pokey until she pulls her head out.

You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
Well, she tried pretty much everything she could, including asking the US SC to step in, and now she's run out of options.

If she can't do her job, she should resign or be fired, I would think.

Is that true, about the multiple marriages? So much for the "sanctity of marriage", I guess. Quick research suggests it may be worse than that, that her children were fathered by her third husband, but adopted by her second. So, she goes around having kids out of wedlock, getting divorced and re-married, etc.

If she can do all of that, how can she feel justified in preventing a committed gay couple from getting married??

(09-03-2015, 12:45 PM)'autie' Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2015/09/kim-davi...-marshals/
       Well this dumb b*tch got what she asked for.  She can rot in jail.  Damn domestic terrorist.

Pretty darn misogynistic descriptor there autie...

"For if man has lost his freedom, and is forced to serve sin, and cannot will good, what conclusion can more justly be drawn concerning him, than that he sins and wills evil necessarily" - Martin Luther.
I can appreciate her religious conviction--but she was elected to do a job.  She was elected to serve the citizens of her county.  Regardless her own marital past, track record etc.... she has, more than once, turned away citizens, with absolutely no legal recourse.

At the very least, she should have resigned.  Assuming she's an otherwise quality-minded employee, she should have no reason finding another job within the county.

She holds an elected office--it will be interesting to see what the voters have to say, should she face the ballot box again.

Not so much mysoginistic as much as it simply demonstrates the disdain and disgust I have for persons such as this.

It gets even worse, if the stories I've seen are accurate - apparently she was cheating on her first husband, and got pregnant by the lover.

The personal stuff isn't important, except for the obvious strangeness of somebody with such a non-Biblically sanctioned lifestyle setting herself up in judgement of others.

(09-03-2015, 01:38 PM)'jafs' Wrote: It gets even worse, if the stories I've seen are accurate - apparently she was cheating on her first husband, and got pregnant by the lover.

The personal stuff isn't important, except for the obvious strangeness of somebody with such a non-Biblically sanctioned lifestyle setting herself up in judgement of others.

jafs, one of my friends said that bringing up the woman's past is extremely distasteful.

Back then, when she was doing all that... "stuff"... she wasn't a Christian, see?  It's unfair to apply Christian laws, morals, standards etc to anyone who is most-decidedly not a Christian.  Since the start of her current marriage, she has been, as her attorney has said, "a changed woman."

As always, I refer you to my signature line below.

Ah I see.

So, then Christians shouldn't be applying/imposing their standards and beliefs on non-Christians, which means she should be issuing marriage licenses, right? Can't have it both ways.

In the biblical sense, she would have been stoned to death a long time ago.