Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Citizenship rules
If somebody is born in another country to one American citizen and a non-citizen (ie. an American mother and a Cuban father), is that child automatically a citizen at birth?

I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to that question.

If the answer is yes, then it would apply to Ted Cruz, of course, but also to Barack Obama if the birthers were right and he wasn't born in America.

It depends on the country...
The US uses two measures..  Jus sanguinis, and jus soli.  By blood, and by soil. 
So Cruz is a citizen by blood. 
Obama is a citizen by blood.

The birther issue had to do with transparency, not citizen issues. 
The crux of the issue was that Obama was reticent in showing his birth certificate, and was trying to hide something, like his "Manchurian Candidate" muslimness.

"For if man has lost his freedom, and is forced to serve sin, and cannot will good, what conclusion can more justly be drawn concerning him, than that he sins and wills evil necessarily" - Martin Luther.
Current law that child has the "right" to citizenship but it must be registered with the state department "Report of Birth Abroad". A certificate of citizenship is issued. Problem with Obama's citizenship is that if he was born in Kenya his parents didn't register the birth. A technicality but a significant one. Additionally, some believe that he accepted Indonesian citizenship and attended college on a foreign student grant/scholarship. He would have to reapply for US citizenship if that were the case and records (transparency) are an issue with the regime.

R_I is the voice of reason here.

Of course twice-elected President Obama was reticent in showing his birth certificate, and why shouldn't he be?  How many other presidential candidates, in history, have had their citizenship called into question?  The only one that I can think of is John McCain, and that matter, in his case, was settled quickly, and the issue was dropped.

For certain hatemongers and self-proclaimed conservatives, no amount of miracles or good deeds from President Obama would ever be able to wipe the hatred from their minds.

There you go again Ag. I don't know why you constantly directly or indirectly call those who vehemently disapprove of Obama's extremist left governing style, racists or bigots or hatemongers or whatever. He is a horrible president who the media refuses to properly report on and we shall be paying for his administration's misadventures for a very long time. I will vote for Carson or Fiorina or any "protected class" as long as I feel they are equipped for the job. Obama is/was not and went in hell-bent to "fundamentally transform" America----that, he has executed with genius. Just that.

(09-22-2015, 09:52 AM)'Agent99' Wrote: There you go again Ag. I don't know why you constantly directly or indirectly call those who vehemently disapprove of Obama's extremist left governing style, racists or bigots or hatemongers or whatever. He is a horrible president who the media refuses to properly report on and we shall be paying for his administration's misadventures for a very long time. I will vote for Carson or Fiorina or any "protected class" as long as I feel they are equipped for the job. Obama is/was not and went in hell-bent to "fundamentally transform" America----that, he has executed with genius. Just that.

Gee, I dunno.  Could it be the epithets are repeatedly chanted, written... as if they were some form of prayer?  Could it be the never-ending superstition and paranoia?

Do you ever bother to go back and read your own posts?

How about the previous administration's "misadventures" in the Middle East? Remember that "wedge of democracy in Iraq" you once put so much faith in? How'd that work out for you, Einstein? How's that "democracy" flourishing over there?

How many of our men and women got their legs blown off, arms and shoulders shattered, heads cut off... so that ISIS could move in? How long will our children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren be paying for that??

Clean up your own yard before you go peering over someone else's fence.
Since his governing style is clearly not "extremist left", the rest of the post is besides the point.

(09-22-2015, 10:26 AM)'Agnostick' Wrote: Gee, I dunno.  Could it be the epithets are repeatedly chanted, written... as if they were some form of prayer?  Could it be the never-ending superstition and paranoia?

Do you ever bother to go back and read your own posts?

How about the previous administration's "misadventures" in the Middle East? Remember that "wedge of democracy in Iraq" you once put so much faith in? How'd that work out for you, Einstein? How's that "democracy" flourishing over there?

How many of our men and women got their legs blown off, arms and shoulders shattered, heads cut off... so that ISIS could move in? How long will our children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren be paying for that??

Clean up your own yard before you go peering over someone else's fence.

Yeah and GWB and his crew were crushed by the media attacks....still are. Furthermore, what has Obama's commitment to his extremist left base (pull out of Iraq stone cold) rendered to us now?  Seen the news lately? Seen the boats full of refugees? Seen the dead children on the beaches? Seen the beheadings? Seen the burnings? Seen the drownings? Did you see Obama's adm. got a whole 4 or 5 Syrian soldiers trained for millions of dollars? Gee, that's just great.  Seen the utter chaos in Europe? I guess that's GWB and crew's fault too? Gotta run...we'll pick up later.

What happened to Obama's "red-line"? OK gotta go. We'll discuss later.

What I love around here and yesteryears on the now nearly defunct LJW "discussion" forum is that many who try to portray themselves, in one way or another, as more centered or not that left leaning and yet can describe Obama as not too extreme to the left. That's what keeps me coming back. It's really funny---I mean, it's hilarious. Same ones will sweep across these wonderful threads brandishing their political prowess and vast knowledge. So where does that put, say, Che Guevara? Lol! (Who BTW adorned one of the Obama campaign office walls back in '08). Fact is, Barack Hussein Obama, an apparition which appeared virtually out of nowhere and sent tingles up liberal's legs is **THE** most extremist left president this nation has ever seen---by a country mile.