Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Beatles on Ed Sullivan Show
video was removed. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Damn copyright laws!

Did you watch the original show, bc?  Lennon was too cool.

No blur of inexactness, no cloud of vagueness, is allowable in good writing; from the first seeing to the last putting down, there must be steady lucidity and uncompromise of purpose. Eudora Welty

(02-08-2014, 10:13 PM)'Jessamine' Wrote: Did you watch the original show, bc?  Lennon was too cool.

I wish. Unfortunately I wasn't born yet.
There'a special on tonight about them - we'll try to catch it.

I was 3 when they appeared on the show, so I don't remember seeing them there :-)

But, I was living in NYC when Lennon and Ono were living near Washington Square Park, and I used to go there all the time - maybe I even saw them without realizing it?!

'thebcman dateline='' Wrote:
'Jessamine dateline='' Wrote: Did you watch the original show, bc?  Lennon was too cool.

I wish. Unfortunately I wasn't born yet.

Yeah, I'm old.[img]images/smilies/confused.gif[/img]

'jafs dateline='' Wrote: There'a special on tonight about them - we'll try to catch it.

I was 3 when they appeared on the show, so I don't remember seeing them there :-)

But, I was living in NYC when Lennon and Ono were living near Washington Square Park, and I used to go there all the time - maybe I even saw them without realizing it?!

I'll watch it if it doesn't go too long and interfere with "True Detective".  I bet you did see them!

No blur of inexactness, no cloud of vagueness, is allowable in good writing; from the first seeing to the last putting down, there must be steady lucidity and uncompromise of purpose. Eudora Welty

We saw about half of the show, and it was great!  But my wife is a hardcore Downton Abbey fan, so we had to switch to that at 8.

They were so young, and their hair was so short by today's standards, it's amazing people complained about their long hair.

Their songs often have an unusual structure, or chord change, for pop music, even the early ones - definitely one of (if not the) best pop group ever.