Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No fault divorce
I have to wonder if this is really less government.  Looks like an unnecessary burden on already strapped courts, and a boon to attorneys.  Billable hours.

"“I think we’ve made divorce way too easy in this country,” he said. “If we really want to respect marriage it needs to be a commitment that people work at and don’t find arbitrary reasons to give up.”

Morgan O’Hara Gering, a family law lawyer in Wichita, questioned whether the bill would actually deter many people from seeking divorces. She said it would probably make divorces nastier by requiring people to prove their spouse’s fault in court.

“It could create a lot more litigation and a lot more headaches just to fight about who’s to blame,” she said."

http://cjonline.com/news/2014-02-08/kans...lt-divorce

May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
Uh..yeah, this less government group running the show is nothing more than more government.  They be speaking with forked ass lying tongues.  The Tea Party less government crowd is now currently demanding legal discrimination based on religion.  The want unnecessary mandatory medical procedures.  They want to make legal separation more difficult and costly.  I guess these dick brains support increased domestic violence as well?  Government in any form should not be dictating social mores.  My view of the bill of rights is that Sam Brownback should keep his damn so called god the hell out of my legal system.    This is not the Kansas of our fathers. 
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

This is the latest salvo in the Extreme Right's ongoing War On Women.  By making it much harder to get out of a bad marriage, more women will be trapped with intimidating, perhaps violent husbands.  And even if no actual punches are thrown, the psychological and emotional abuse, the bullying, can be much worse than a sock to the jaw.

Kansas Republicans are telling Kansas women, "shirt UP, b**ch!  Go back into the kitchen where you belong and fix my dinner!"

This also represents in prime form the hypocrite attitude from the right.  Less government by telling people what is good for them.  Not about taxes or crime or anything...simple social engineering to meet their own religious dogma's perspective.  This Pilcher/Cook, this Garret Love/ this Mike phoney O'Donnell...the AFP sucks telling good Kansas citizens what God wants for them.

Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

Over half of the members of the Kansas legislature do not even have a college degrees, much less law degrees.  Just a bunch of tools for the suits working the system.  

Jackasses all
Why don't they just pass a law demanding that everyone be Catholic? Solves their abortion and divorce problems in one fell swoop. 
Here's to hoping that whenever divorce happens, the best interests of the children involved, if there are any, take priority over the best interests of the adults.  And to anyone suggesting that that is happening now, take a look around.  
The governemnt has no business telling people of age who they can marry, they also have no business telling them who they can divorce.  

It's really easy being a libertarian.  I don't know why you don't all do it.

Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

(02-10-2014, 09:18 AM)'Liberty' Wrote: The governemnt has no business telling people of age who they can marry, they also have no business telling them who they can divorce.  

It's really easy being a libertarian.  I don't know why you don't all do it.

Because it only works if you're on an island with two or fewer people and they all(!!!) are libertarians.  If it did work, we'd see society after society choosing to be libertarians.  

'Number Two dateline='' Wrote: War on Women? [img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

The sky is falling too.  What a bunch of hysterical school girls you two make. Jessamine is the only one looking at it for what it is, a bunch of attorneys wanting to make more money, its not a war. Why do you think we can't get tort reform in this country, the lawyers, which half of our elected officials are, don't want tort reform. John Edwards made millions on chasing ambulances.

I assure you Ag and Autie, there is no bombing, shooting, shelling or rounding up of women going on.

While I am reeling with joy that you would say something positive with my name attached, I think you missed my point.  Since attorneys aren't behind this bill, it's not fair to say they are looking to make more money.  If this passes, they will make more money by default because there will be a trial for every divorce, clogging up an already burdened court system.  This is really about controlling the morals of others through regulation by a certain faction that claims less government is the way to go.  The outcome of this bill will impact men as well as women and will not lower the occurence of divorces.  It will also have an impact on the children, and not a postive one.  If it passes, now would be the time to get that private eye license- should be a lucrative career.

May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung