Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT ALERT!
 [table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Garland has demonstrated that he does not support our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.His disregard for the constitutional rights of gun owners like you shows that he would vote to overturn the landmark Heller decision.If Heller is overturned, your individual right to own firearms would be written out of the Constitution.Time and again, when Judge Garland had an opportunity to rule on your gun rights, HE RULED THE WRONG WAY.Just look at the facts:
  • In 2007, Garland voted to reconsider a decision striking down Washington, D.C.'s unconstitutional handgun ban - EXACTLY what the Supreme Court eventually over turned in Heller.
  • In 2000, Garland ruled in favor of a federal government registry of law-abiding gun owners - despite federal laws that clearly prohibit national gun registration.
You and I don't have to guess what will happen if Garland is allowed to replace Justice Scalia on the Supreme Court -- we will LOSE our constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The fact is, only the U.S. Senate can confirm Supreme Court nominees.And that means you and I need to make sure the Senate REJECTS Merrick Garland so that he NEVER gets the chance to cast the deciding vote that ERASES your Second Amendment freedom from the Constitution.This will NOT be an easy fight.The gun-hating media is already running wall-to-wall, glowing coverage of Garland. They're painting a picture of lies, claiming that he's a "reasonable" judge who would "rule fairly."There is nothing "reasonable" or "fair" about a judge who ignores the plain language of the Constitution because he wants to DESTROY the Second Amendment!If we lose the Supreme Court, we will lose our gun rights - AND LOSE THEM QUICKLY.

"For if man has lost his freedom, and is forced to serve sin, and cannot will good, what conclusion can more justly be drawn concerning him, than that he sins and wills evil necessarily" - Martin Luther.
Your junk mail folder must be full.

[Image: aga3ojgezm60ajbdz.jpg~original]

(03-21-2016, 11:06 AM)'RETICENT_IRREVERENT' Wrote: [table][tr][td] [/td][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

Garland has demonstrated that he does not support our Right to Keep and Bear Arms.His disregard for the constitutional rights of gun owners like you shows that he would vote to overturn the landmark Heller decision.If Heller is overturned, your individual right to own firearms would be written out of the Constitution.Time and again, when Judge Garland had an opportunity to rule on your gun rights, HE RULED THE WRONG WAY.Just look at the facts:
  • In 2007, Garland voted to reconsider a decision striking down Washington, D.C.'s unconstitutional handgun ban - EXACTLY what the Supreme Court eventually over turned in Heller.
  • In 2000, Garland ruled in favor of a federal government registry of law-abiding gun owners - despite federal laws that clearly prohibit national gun registration.
You and I don't have to guess what will happen if Garland is allowed to replace Justice Scalia on the Supreme Court -- we will LOSE our constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms.

The fact is, only the U.S. Senate can confirm Supreme Court nominees.And that means you and I need to make sure the Senate REJECTS Merrick Garland so that he NEVER gets the chance to cast the deciding vote that ERASES your Second Amendment freedom from the Constitution.This will NOT be an easy fight.The gun-hating media is already running wall-to-wall, glowing coverage of Garland. They're painting a picture of lies, claiming that he's a "reasonable" judge who would "rule fairly."There is nothing "reasonable" or "fair" about a judge who ignores the plain language of the Constitution because he wants to DESTROY the Second Amendment!If we lose the Supreme Court, we will lose our gun rights - AND LOSE THEM QUICKLY.

Judicial activism, the constitution is not a living document, it is stone, it is a foundation that is not changed unless amended. The courts have become the agents of progressive change and the Senate must not confirm this nomination. It must not confirm any nomination that does not recognize the constitution as the law.

“I can’t imagine that a Republican majority in the United States Senate would want to confirm in a lame duck session a nominee opposed by the National Rifle Association, the National Federation of Independent Business that represents small businesses that have never taken a position on the Supreme Court appointment before."

Well, whaddya know?

Quote:He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate National Rifle Association and the National Federation of Independent Business [sub](MM)[/sub], shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for, and which shall be established by Law: but the Congress National Rifle Association and the National Federation of Independent Business [sub](MM)[/sub], may by Law vest the Appointment of such inferior Officers, as they think proper, in the President alone, in the Courts of Law, or in the Heads of Departments.

Yeah, it's judicial activism we have to worry about.

Garland never voted to reconsider Heller.  He voted to re-hear the arguments.  No one can know what might have happened had they done that.  Possibly nothing.  Me thinks you boys get over amped by this stuff.  Nobody comin to take our guns.  You just fall for the emotional buttons of fear.
verum tuae sui
That's what I thought, autie, but I refrained from comment because I had not researched the issue.  I think these 2A chest thumpers oughta have a little more faith in our constitution, the one they hold so dear.  

Load me into a cannon & shoot me into the sun! - Dow Joans
Speaking as one of both, gun owners/blood sports folks as a group are incredibly gullible and easily manipulated by the likes of the NRA. Christ, it's embarrassing.

Go away.
Fudds are easily manipulated by the left. 
(03-21-2016, 09:44 PM)'labmonkey' Wrote: Fudds are easily manipulated by the left. 

"Be vewy kwiet when hunting wabbits..."

Go away.
Lol! You're all wrong about the constitution. We saw that a week or so ago in Chitown compliments of BLM and moveon. Who says the constitution is dictated or interpreted or anything by judges or congress or the president for that matter? It's often got a radical, well-funded and organized bunch of zealots at the rudder. Remember left wing zealots---live by your own rule: change doesn't happen overnight. But nothing says it couldn't either. The left is so zany!