Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trolling Level - Prison
Bug 
Quote:    Christopher Scarver [said] he grew to despise Dahmer because he would fashion severed limbs out of prison food to taunt the other inmates.

He’d drizzle on packets of ketchup as blood.

“He would put them in places where people would be,” Scarver, 45, recalled in a low, gravelly voice. “He crossed the line with some people — prisoners, prison staff. Some people who are in prison are repentant — but he was not one of them.” (Via)

http://uproxx.com/webculture/the-prisone...he-did-it/
Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

(07-24-2016, 08:07 AM)Liberty Wrote: http://uproxx.com/webculture/the-prisone...he-did-it/

I read a story once that focused on Dahmer's parents. It put a hard little knot in the center of my stomach when I realized they were normal ordinary loving-enough parents.

Does that mean it can happen to any parent that they might have a child who was a Dahmer? What a hard hard thought to have.

I had the most awful need right then to grab my children, hug them very tight, and tell them, "You WILL be normal! I give you no choice."

I didn't see in the article why Scarver was in prison in the first place. I'll go looking. If he was going to be there for life, anyways, then nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Do you think the prison guards engineered Dahmer's death because they knew Scarver would do it? Interesting thought.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
I just thought it was interesting that Dahmer was messing still antagonizing people in prison.

There is nothing his parents could have done. They may torture themselves forever, but it will be for nothing. Their son was the criminal, they weren't..
Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

I suspect that in a large majority of cases, a person's upbringing is strongly connected to how they turn out later in life.

http://twistedminds.creativescapism.com/...ey-dahmer/
(07-24-2016, 01:32 PM)jafs 2 Wrote: I suspect that in a large majority of cases, a person's upbringing is strongly connected to how they turn out later in life.

http://twistedminds.creativescapism.com/...ey-dahmer/

This isn't something we can ever know, of course, so it's just a matter of thinking and discussing it.

I've seen so many parents who were not perfect raise normal children anyways. So many parents fight and get divorced.

Many kids grow up believing and possibly being right that one or more of their siblings were more loved, more admired, more cared for by their parents. It's sad, but it may even grow better human beings sometimes. I say that because I had 5 sibs and 2 of them were very clearly the most beautiful, the smartest, the most difficult in terms of their inability to curb their behavior well, and yet they clearly were loved most. I loved them too. And still do though one is dead now. My parents were, at heart, good people... but I will say things about them that will make you disagree. For instance my father was a member of the KKK, something that was 100 out from what I knew was good. And yet he loved his kids. He was gentle and kind to us. He was fun. He laughed a lot. But he died at 48 of heart failure when I was just married at 22. By the end of his life I made him cry about something. His tears meant he loved me. And I heard him say to my mother when he didn't know I was there, "The one I came to love the most and expected the most from has let me down." And he cried.

No parent is a simple creature. Each one is complex and a mixture of good and bad. No child is perfectly lovable, and no child is perfectly flawed.

I just can't blame Dahmer's parents because they fought and they divorced and whoever wrote that article didn't like the mother but had nothing bad to say about the father. It sounded as if the mother was all flawed and the father was all perfect. Yeah, I know I say it too often. I'm old. Too many years, too many people -- nobody is perfect. And nobody is all bad.

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
I agree with much of that, but still find that most people are very shaped by their upbringings.

And, I didn't see that they thought the father was perfect at all in that article.

The parents fought a lot - it takes two to fight. And they didn't explain anything about the operation to their son, that's also both of them.
(07-24-2016, 02:21 PM)jafs 2 Wrote: I agree with much of that, but still find that most people are very shaped by their upbringings.

And, I didn't see that they thought the father was perfect at all in that article.

The parents fought a lot - it takes two to fight. And they didn't explain anything about the operation to their son, that's also both of them.

True. I'd forgotten about the operation.

I remember seeing Jeffrey and his father on TV in an interview in prison. It almost seemed as if you could see the love of the father for the son. But I may have just wanted to see it.

Parents can love their kids, and still screw them up.

Ok - now there's some weird formatting stuff going on - all of the posts are running together, and with blue screen stuff - I don't like it.