Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Gern's positive news thread
We all get tired of the constant negativity in the news. We need a break from it so this is going to be a thread to post inspiring, uplifting and good news stories.

Here's a start...

Quote:“To see police and people in the community spontaneously working together, it was a beautiful thing to see,” Rosenbloom said. People of all races and backgrounds, commuters and the homeless, stood shoulder to shoulder, working with officers in blue.

http://m.startribune.com/shoulder-to-shoulder-strangers-came-to-the-rescue-of-a-suicidal-woman-in-st-paul/389017491/?section=/&utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark
"Some people have a way with words. Others...oh...not have way." - Steve Martin
Little kid cracking up!
Oh wow.  About an hour ago, I almost posted that story about saving the would-be jumper on your baby picture thread. I thought it would've been a nice addition there. Great start to this thread.
Help name a baby giraffe.
I would name my giraffe after the cream of the crop.  Abdul Kareem Jabbar
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

[-] The following 1 user Likes autie's post:
  • susnus
I remember 30 some-odd years ago one of my profs talked about a newspaper somewhere I don't remember where, being started that was all "good news" and it was a monumental flop. People like dirt. Don Henley wrote a song about it. So true.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Agent99's post:
  • CWGOKU
(08-04-2016, 10:58 AM)Agent99 Wrote: I remember 30 some-odd years ago one of my profs talked about a newspaper somewhere I don't remember where,  being started that was all "good news" and it was a monumental flop. People like dirt. Don Henley wrote a song about it. So true.

No threadsh*thing here, please.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gern Blanston's post:
  • Riverdrifter
Not to hijack the thread by any means - I think this is related.

I've shared this before, but feel like doing it again - for about twenty years, I've been doing a "gratitude practice" each night, where I go over things I'm grateful for.  I combine it with a "seeking help/guidance" for problems/issues.

So together it goes - thank you for.....please help with.....

For me, it's a bit spiritual/religious, but if people don't like that, they can take that part out, and just list positives instead.

It's a very good practice and I recommend it - our minds do have some sort of tendency to focus on negatives, and it helps shift that and be more aware of the positives.  You can do it with anything really - when you get home from work, list three positive things about your day at work before launching into the complaints, for example.

And, it can be personal or extend beyond that - one can be grateful for good things that happen to others, and/or ask for help for them as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jafs 2's post:
  • CWGOKU
(08-04-2016, 06:40 AM)autie Wrote: I would name my giraffe after the cream of the crop.  Abdul Kareem Jabbar

The Kareem of the crop!  I agree.  Dude is awesome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rockchalker52's post:
  • Gern Blanston
Dad makes toast art for daughter.