Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Winnebago Man
Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

[-] The following 3 users Like Liberty's post:
  • Gern Blanston, Riverdrifter, rockchalker52
My grandson turned away from his computer and said, "What are you listening to? Sounds like my friends when we all get together."

Oh yeah? hmmmmm

Remember when cuss words were hell, shirt and damn? I do. 

And one night at supper, I was 12 and there were seven of us around the table. I listened to mother, father and older sister talk halfway through the meal. Then I asked a simple question. Really, it wasn't meant to move mountains. I asked, "Can you guys say 5 words without a cuss word in it?"

Mouths dropped open. Nobody looked at me. Oops, I had just hurt the ones I love. Everybody says you always do that. Then the father spoke. 

"You're right. We cuss too much. We're going to stop doing that."

And they did. 

But my grandson and his friends say stuff that shirt down the town when it was painted on the side of a barn back then. 

Other than that, we had a Winnebago. It broke down in Scotts Bluff, Neb on our way to see stuff we hadn't yet seen. I'm still effin pissed off at it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
While I try to be as polite as my company and not use innapropriate language, Winnebago Man is art.

I'm sorry you were exposed to such language by your family.  If people would only watch their tongues in front of children, we might not be spiraling into ethical decay. 

I blame the constitution.

Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

Liberty:
While I try to be as polite as my company and not use innapropriate language, Winnebago Man is art.

I'm sorry you were exposed to such language by your family.  If people would only watch their tongues in front of children, we might not be spiraling into ethical decay.  

Did I give the impression I was upset at the bad language in the video? 

Not at all. I seldom listen to videos because I'm seldom home alone and the TV is on or someone else is on another computer, so I have to wear headphones, but this time I defied wisdom and turned the speakers up loud and clicked on the video!  Tongue

I got rights....

And I like the constitution too.

Just checking to be sure you're not mad at me because I sounded too much like an uptight batch or something.

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
(08-21-2016, 07:25 PM)Liberty Wrote: While I try to be as polite as my company and not use innapropriate language, Winnebago Man is art.

I'm sorry you were exposed to such language by your family.  If people would only watch their tongues in front of children, we might not be spiraling into  ethical decay. 

Swearing is good for pain relief.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/articl...-we-swear/

Plus fricatives just are satisfying to say when you are angry.

The younglings know there is a time and place for swear words. They don't get in trouble for using them but if they drop the F bomb in front of Grams, they do know they will have to deal with her and dealing with my mom is way worse than any punishment I could come up with.
"Some people have a way with words. Others...oh...not have way." - Steve Martin
"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."
[-] The following 2 users Like Agnostick's post:
  • Gern Blanston, Liberty
That movie will always be my all time favorite.

[-] The following 1 user Likes PleaseReportToTheFrontDesk's post:
  • Liberty
I'd like to drive Route 66 in an RV sometime
Quote:Just checking to be sure you're not mad at me because I sounded too much like an uptight [censored] or something.

No, not at all.  Really, you thought that?  About me?  I completely support your constitutional right to be uptight should you with to be so.
Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.