Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not my President.
What does that mean, unless you hold a passport in singularity to another country?
"For if man has lost his freedom, and is forced to serve sin, and cannot will good, what conclusion can more justly be drawn concerning him, than that he sins and wills evil necessarily" - Martin Luther.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RETICENT_IRREVERENT's post:
  •
Trump will be the prez come Friday. This 'not' business is silly.
[-] The following 2 users Like rockchalker52's post:
  • , susnus
Not my tempo.
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

"Not" my president, as in I didn't vote for either Obama or Trump, so neither are my president?

I didn't vote for Brownback, so he's not my governor?  Jenkins not my Rep.?  

The house I own and the lot it sits on are going to secede from the union!!!    Rolleyes
Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.  
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iamme1's post:
  • susnus
I'd say it means that people who didn't vote for him, don't like him, and think he'll be a bad president aren't going to just "fall in line" and support him because he won. And that they feel that he won't be representing their point of view as president.
Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the president or any other public official, save exactly to the degree in which he himself stands by the country. It is patriotic to support him insofar as he efficiently serves the country. It is unpatriotic not to oppose him to the exact extent that by inefficiency or otherwise he fails in his duty to stand by the country. In either event, it is unpatriotic not to tell the truth, whether about the president or anyone else.

Theodore Roosevelt
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
[-] The following 3 users Like Jessamine's post:
  • Gern Blanston, PleaseReportToTheFrontDesk, rockchalker52
Put very simply, what is meant by the phrase is that IT IS NOT MY FAULT YOU ELECTED THIS PRESIDENT. I feel NO obligation to or respect for him. I am aware that he sits in the Oval Office but there have been other nefarious evil-doers who have done so. Nixon, for one. 

I respect the OFFICE but not the man. I simply cannot feel any respect for this man, not as president, and not as pussy grabber. 

I feel, in fact, GREAT disrespect for this man. There is no reason to pretend otherwise by going to the inauguration. To do so would be kiss-assing, which isn't something I do as a matter of respect for myself.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
(01-18-2017, 07:40 AM)rockchalker52 Wrote: Trump will be the prez come Friday. This 'not' business is silly.

don't get all not-ty about it, Sil.
No replies to subterranean posters for 1 days and counting
[-] The following 1 user Likes susnus's post:
  • rockchalker52
But... most on the left in the old LJWorld comments sections and the left in general would admonish us that Obama WAS our President.  Now they are the ones most vocal about #notmypresident.  Hypocrites.
[-] The following 2 users Like labmonkey's post:
  • , autie
(01-19-2017, 10:46 PM)labmonkey Wrote: But... most on the left in the old LJWorld comments sections and the left in general would admonish us that Obama WAS our President.  Now they are the ones most vocal about #notmypresident.  Hypocrites.

Have you considered that maybe those folks are giving you a taste of your own medicine?
"Some people have a way with words. Others...oh...not have way." - Steve Martin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gern Blanston's post:
  • susnus