Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
peaceful transition.
During the last couple of years of the Bush presidency, I read of people who believed that Bush/Cheney would invent some crisis so they could suspend the election.  I scoffed at such notions.

Eight years later, it was Obama who was supposed to invent the crisis.  I scoffed again.

One of the hallmarks of our great democracy is the peaceful transition of power.  Elections are held even in times of war, even in times of social or economic upheavals.  Our grand little experiment marches on.

Bush and/or Cheney were never indicted, not should they be.  Clinton also.  Talk of bring her to justice is all bluster and should go the way of Bush/Cheney being brought to justice.  Peaceful transition means moving on.  

In that vein, I hope those members of Congress planning a boycott of the inauguration change their minds and attend.  After the ceremony, they can return to Congress and set about making Trump a one term president.  But come this Friday at noon, for just that one moment, we should marvel not at the man but at the document that has withstood.
Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country.  
I take exception Iamme.  This transition has been anything but peaceful thus far.  And although 'Bummer has given lip service to a 'peaceful transition' once or twice, he has done little to lead his prog followers through said 'peaceful transition'.  He's also been very active in stirring crap with Russians just prior to leaving office among other things.  In the link below, Charles Krauthammer states that he thinks Dims are  “trying to leave behind as many landmines as they can” to delegitimize President-elect Donald Trump.  We see this daily on this here web site.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/krautha...for-trump/

Charles Krauthammer what the Democrats are doing in the closing days of the Obama administration is entirely clear: “trying to leave behind as many landmines as they can” to delegitimize President-elect Donald Trump. 

On Fox News Thursday night, the conservative commentator cited President Obama’s commissioning of a report about Russia’s influence on the election and now the newly announced investigation by the Department of Justice’s inspector general into the conduct of the FBI and its director, Jim Comey, during the election as cases in point.

“Look, I don’t want to impute a general conspiracy here, but it looks as if the Democrats, on their way out the door, are trying to leave behind as many landmines as they can to at least cast doubts on the legitimacy of the Trump victory,” said Krauthammer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BornAgainAmerican's post:
  •
I'm 100% with the ones who are going to boycott the inauguration.

This election was stolen by Russia, the FBI, and the Republicans..... btw, JUST as the Republicans stole Obama's presidency, first declaring they were going to do so, then going about every day of his terms blocking and fighting against him, rather than working with him for a better country.

It's time for Democrats to show some spirit. Why should they kiss as$ to the people who're ruining our country?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
We have one president at a time.  Until noon Friday, that man is Obama.  He has the right to pardon whomever he deems fit.  He can enact policy.  He can do whatever is permissible under the Constitution.  If that makes is difficult for the next president, so be it.  That's not what I'm talking about.  Enacting legal policies isn't the same as a non peaceful transition of power.  

In the final days of the future Trump administration, like in the last days of the Bush administration, he will do things that are unpopular to the next administration.  But until Jan. 20, either 2021 or 2025, Trump will be president.
Boycotting the inauguration isn't a violent act.
(01-18-2017, 10:42 AM)jafs3 Wrote: Boycotting the inauguration isn't a violent act.

If it's done peacefully, I'll be surprised. This is a day that's not intended to be a day of protest. Did the right try to taint Obama's inauguration day?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Agent99's post:
  • BornAgainAmerican
I'm sure I'll be peppered with links now on Obama's inauguration day(s). I don't think any that may have been organized were violent either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Agent99's post:
  • BornAgainAmerican
Well, we'll see.

You expect that elected officials will be violent?  That's interesting.

I don't recall Obama's inaugurations.  But the right certainly did try to taint his entire presidency.
Here you go:

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/pr...-discredit
http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2016/11/whe...ng-of.html

That's all I could find quickly.
(01-18-2017, 10:42 AM)jafs3 Wrote: Boycotting the inauguration isn't a violent act.

Attending the inauguration is respecting the document.  As members of Congress, their obligation is different than some entertainer that chooses not to sing or dance in Washington this week.