Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Trump fired Comey
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/nat...926344673f

I guess Comey was getting too close to solving the connection between Trump and Russia.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes PleaseReportToTheFrontDesk's post:
  • rockchalker52
JC is apparently not a superstar.

James Comey, James Comey
Who are you, what have they done to thee?
James Comey, James Comey
Who are you, what have they done to thee?
James Comey, Superstar
Do you think you're what they say you are?
James Comey, Superstar
Do you think you're what they say you are?
[-] The following 2 users Like rockchalker52's post:
  • PleaseReportToTheFrontDesk, susnus

.jpg   jonstewart_popcorn.jpg (Size: 8.37 KB / Downloads: 94)

OHHHHHH-hohohohoho!!  just got home from the errunding..

guess what? no reruns on the toob tonite!

tho I do qqquiverrrr a bit at the replacement
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry
According to the story, this is judgement by the DOJ that Comey shouldn't have made the Clinton investigation stuff public as he did (or at least some of it).

I'd agree with that, especially the Abedin investigation.

It's sort of the opposite of what Trump says, of course.
Quote:Attorney General Jeff Sessions' letter to the president was also released, wherein he states that he has "concluded that a fresh start is needed at the leadership of the FBI." 

"It is essential that this Department of Justice clearly reaffirm its commitment to longstanding principles that ensure the integrity and fairness of federal investigations and prosecutions. The Director of the FBI must be someone who follows faithfully the rules and principles of the Department of Justice and who sets the right example for our law enforcement officials and others in the Department," Sessions wrote.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/fbi-direc...d=47309009

Looks like Comey pissed Sessions off and wasn't doing what Sessions and Trump wanted.

I have no love for Comey. I think he showed extremely poor judgement on the announcement on the emails right before the election that turned out to be a nothingburger but firing someone like that in the middle of an ongoing investigation does not look well for Trump.
"Some people have a way with words. Others...oh...not have way." - Steve Martin
um... that's 1 comeuppance.
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry
Somebody raised a good question on another website I like - if Sessions has recused himself for all things related to Trump & the Russians and Comey is in the middle of that investigation, why did Sessions recommend him to be fired? That's not a recusing yourself from the investigation if you can recommend the person conducting it to be fired.

.jpg   bold strategy.jpg (Size: 57.51 KB / Downloads: 75)
"Some people have a way with words. Others...oh...not have way." - Steve Martin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gern Blanston's post:
  • Riverdrifter
Thats too nuanced. However, it fits with this alice in wonderland administration.

So trump got a letter from his 'doctor' clearing him, then fired him. Still an apprenticer.
[-] The following 1 user Likes susnus's post:
  • Gern Blanston
edit: Strike this next sentence: Bill Clinton fired Jeff Sessions. Now Sessions wanted Comey fired.

I haven't figured out yet how that's important now but I bet it is. 

What I feel sure of is that Trump has surrounded himself with Putin's people. I think we'll either learn that someday or they'll put it in some kind of report and then block it from being released to the public for 50 years or more. 

And what that will prove will be that Russia came closer to taking over the US than any other country ever has since all the early wars after the Revolutionary War.  

I also think Trump is SO STUPID that he has allowed himself to be used in the takeover of this country by Russia. He just wanted to win win win and he didn't care who helped him.

I thought I was living in interesting times during Watergate but this one is going to overshadow anything Nixon did and any reason he had for doing it. 

I used to think voters didn't matter - that billionaires had it all sewn up and our votes simply wouldn't have much of an impact at the Federal level.

Now I know that voters really do have an awesome impact... the voters elected Trump.

edit: No, it wasn't this Sessions. It was William Sessions that Bill Clinton fired. Are they related?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
Yates, Flynn, and Comey - who's next? That unpainted corner dwindles.