Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bacon-Wrapped Scallops with Chili Butter
Good Lord, these are delicious.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/bacon...li-butter/
"Some people have a way with words. Others...oh...not have way." - Steve Martin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gern Blanston's post:
  • rockchalker52
Looking forward to trying those!
Done'em many times this way but only on the grill and use thin bacon. It's a great and easy recipe. Tip: use a slower charcoal fire -or better yet indirect.

Downside: sea scallops ~ $20/lb. ?
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
(06-16-2017, 11:02 PM)Riverdrifter Wrote: Done'em many times this way but only on the grill and use thin bacon. It's a great and easy recipe. Tip: use a slower charcoal fire -or better yet indirect.

Downside: sea scallops ~ $20/lb. ?

I used the broiler and that worked pretty well. Grilling over charcoal or wood probably does taste better.

You can get scallops that are a medium size at Aldi. They are frozen but all the seafood I have purchased at Aldi has been very good. They have pretty high standards on their products. The ones I had were a package of 10 scallops for $9.99. Fresh is almost always better but this was still pretty darn good.

Also, so you don't end up overcooking the scallops, you can partially cook the bacon just enough so it is flexible to wrap and then you get crispy bacon AND tender scallops.

I've never done the chili butter. That definitely can be used on tons of stuff.
"Some people have a way with words. Others...oh...not have way." - Steve Martin