Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any lefties Care to Explain This?
Maybe it’s that progressive ideology is so sophisticated, regular people cannot grasp it:

Or maybe these people are just completely full of crap.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BornAgainAmerican's post:
  • Agent99
With that heading, do you really expect anybody to respond?

If you're interested in their reasoning, I'm sure you can google the organization and find out what they mean.
Let's face reality Born Again, you and me are simply not nuanced enough to grasp some of these lefty issues.
"I remember landing under sniper fire." -Hildebeast R. Clinton 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Agent99's post:
  • BornAgainAmerican
If you don't do even a little bit of research, then you're not actually interested in learning/understanding.
This is what I found, a lengthy exercise in obfuscation. I'm going to finish this post and then go take some aspirin to get rid of this headache. 

Gun Control Is a Reproductive Justice Issue: Some Thoughts for Mother’s Day

(Excerpt)

"Every single human being killed or hurt by gun violence made it onto this Earth in the first place because a woman carried him/her for nine months, birthed him/her, and in most cases raised him/her. And many victims of gun violence are, or were, parents themselves. 

The right to raise our children in a safe, healthy environment is a core demand of reproductive justice. Not surprisingly, this demand arises from the very communities of color most devastated by gun violence. As well as an obvious pro every life concern, gun control is a reproductive justice issue.
Gun rights advocates are also without exception the children of mothers, and many are parents themselves. Aside from the gun makers and those who hunt animals for sport, some honestly believe that the unregulated right of gun ownership is essential to protect themselves and their families. 

What if they could see how much the lack of gun control undermines the ability of people in neighborhoods like mine to protect ourselves and our children? What if they could glimpse what we already have learned too often, the hard way: that guns constitute the falsest of hopes for personal security? That widescale disarmament is ultimately the best way to keep every mother’s son or daughter, every parent, and every human being safe and healthy as can be?"

https://rewire.news/article/2009/05/09/g...thers-day/
  • BornAgainAmerican
Why wouldn't you go to the organization that sign mentioned?

It's the National Women's Law Center.

I don't see any "obfuscation" in what you posted - it's a simple and clear description of their position.  You have the right to disagree with it, of course.  But statistics I've seen seem to support the idea that more guns=more violence, rather than less.
(07-16-2017, 09:59 AM)jafs3 Wrote: Why wouldn't you go to the organization that sign mentioned?

It's the National Women's Law Center.

I don't see any "obfuscation" in what you posted - it's a simple and clear description of their position.  You have the right to disagree with it, of course.  But statistics I've seen seem to support the idea that more guns=more violence, rather than less.

I need to get rid of the first headache 'fore I read up on the National Women's Law Center. Big Grin
Quote:"Every single human being killed or hurt by gun violence made it onto this Earth in the first place because a woman carried him/her for nine months, birthed him/her, and in most cases raised him/her. And many victims of gun violence are, or were, parents themselves.

Everybody dies. Getting shirt is less horrific than living through a state-mandated death by cancer or stroke or liver failure from tylenol consumption.  This is just anti-constitutional rhetoric repackaged with a novel twist.  I don't own a gun.  Now try to stop me from buying one. 

This is a prime example of empathy being used to manipulate thought.  Rights trump empathy.
Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

I don't know if I am a lefty, but I am somewhat unsane, which is sort of normal for people like me.
Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

You may be a lefty of a different, umm, web?  Wink
  • Liberty