Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blame it on Harvey

the remnants of Hurricane Harvey broke off one of my elephant's ears !!
Civil disobedience is patriotic 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jessamine's post:
  • Riverdrifter
That's bigger than the doggie!
Load me into a cannon & shoot me into the sun! - Dow Joans
[-] The following 1 user Likes rockchalker52's post:
  • Jessamine
(09-03-2017, 10:31 AM)rockchalker52 Wrote: That's bigger than the doggie!

Much bigger!
Jess, if the forecast track for Irma holds up, will you weather it out or take off for the mountains (again)?
Go away.
(09-05-2017, 12:19 PM)Riverdrifter Wrote: Jess, if the forecast track for Irma holds up, will you weather it out or take off for the mountains (again)?

Depends. We're prepared to leave. Will head to Kansas. I've never seen such craziness at the store. I just wanted some damn strawberries. Jeesh! We won't flood but the winds!  If it heads into the gulf it will probably pick up steam.
(09-05-2017, 03:18 PM)Jessamine Wrote: Depends. We're prepared to leave. Will head to Kansas. I've never seen such craziness at the store. I just wanted some damn strawberries. Jeesh! We won't flood but the winds!  If it heads into the gulf it will probably pick up steam.

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/mi...623166001/

Be careful when you go to the supermarket when people are stocking up on strawberries.

Quote:A gun was pulled after two pairs of women fought over the last notebook on a shelf at the Novi Towne Center Walmart on Monday afternoon, according to local media reports.

Check out the look on the short black woman's face. She's in the back facing the camera.

.png   DEtroit Walmart.PNG (Size: 311.31 KB / Downloads: 52)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
(09-05-2017, 03:18 PM)Jessamine Wrote: Depends. We're prepared to leave. Will head to Kansas. I've never seen such craziness at the store. I just wanted some damn strawberries. Jeesh! We won't flood but the winds!  If it heads into the gulf it will probably pick up steam.

If hysteria is already breaking out, I believe I would haul hiney sooner rather than later were I you!
Go away.
I'm trying to convince the better half of that. We have a place to go in Birmingham, another in Clarksville, TN. I'm with you. I'm more concerned about the nuts on the road than the hurricane. damage. We have all of our supplies, always do. I just needed strawberries for my cheesecake topping.  Confused
[-] The following 2 users Like Jessamine's post:
  • HillbillySue, Riverdrifter
That's where I'd be: the mass hysteria is just as bad as the storm at times. Clarksville, TN??!! For crying in a bucket, my eldest sister and her hubby live there! They got about 8" of rain out of Harvey but minor harm.
Anyway, to promote harmony wherever you land, I'd say pick up a 40lb. gunny sack of oysters on your way out of town.  That might get you in at Rock's diggins. Smile
Go away.
What a marvelous idea!! Always trade for gas if needed  Wink  Who's  gonna shuck? My hands are too weak anymore. Haha.