Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jessamine is Moderator?
Just noticed that Jessamine is a Moderator.  No wonder this forum is sliding down hill into moonbattery with two odometers displaying open aggression toward right wing participants.  I give this web site one more year at the most.
She has always been a moderator here. Hey, do you need anything down there? Like a can of pork & beans or some bottled water? Oh, sorry, none available -that's all going to Houston.
Didn't Jess take a step back a long time ago from her moderation position, at least in terms of actively moderating comments.  She's a moderator in name only.  At least that was my understanding.
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."   George Orwell    
Jess mods the 'Recently Deceased' section, but can mod anything she wants, really.  Besides, she looks pretty in pink.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rockchalker52's post:
  • Jessamine
(09-06-2017, 12:31 PM)rockchalker52 Wrote: Jess mods the 'Recently Deceased' section, but can mod anything she wants, really.  Besides, she looks pretty in pink.

"Recently Deceased" has been dead a long time.  

A straightforward answer would be appreciated, I'm guessing, by those who brought it up.  Is Jess actively moderating or not?
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."   George Orwell    
Well, I dunno what's not straight forward enough for ya. There is a recently deceased section. It's right there on the front page. Jess mods it. I don't know how to say it any more plainly.
(09-06-2017, 12:54 PM)rockchalker52 Wrote: Well, I dunno what's not straight forward enough for ya. There is a recently deceased section. It's right there on the front page. Jess mods it. I don't know how to say it any more plainly.

Well, there's no "recently deceased" section on my front page.  I used the search function and put in "recently deceased" and no such section came up.  So I googled "Lawrence Underground" and while some sections were highlighted, "recently deceased" wasn't one of them.  They did have a different search function and when I put in "recently deceased", a "No Permission" warning came up.  

I just assumed the section was discontinued a while back when Jess took a break.  I haven't seen it since.
Hey!  I'm sitting right here!  Could have asked me. I took a break after my son passed away and just couldn't deal with the idiocy and insults at the time. That was the Obituary page. The Recently deceased forum is recent. There are still musings of old, however.
No blur of inexactness, no cloud of vagueness, is allowable in good writing; from the first seeing to the last putting down, there must be steady lucidity and uncompromise of purpose. Eudora Welty

Iamme, 

* New Discussion
* General Discussion
* The Street
* Recently Deceased
* Soapbox
* Free Range Talk

Your front page display doesn't look like that?
(09-06-2017, 01:27 PM)rockchalker52 Wrote: Iamme, 

* New Discussion
* General Discussion
* The Street
* Recently Deceased
* Soapbox
* Free Range Talk

Your front page display doesn't look like that?

Correct, my front page does not look like that.  Apparently I have everything except Recently Deceased.