Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Puerto Rico is in bad shape
Donald's Katrina. 

He refuses to waive the Jones Act, like he did for Florida and Texas, and supplies are taking longer to arrive. Two people in intensive care died when their hospital ran out of fuel for the generators. That's on him. 

Meanwhile, after Trump finally remembered that Puerto Rico is part of the US, he starts tweeting about their debt. In the middle of a humanitarian crisis. The lack of basic humanity that man displays is just staggering.
[-] The following 4 users Like chootspa's post:
  • Jessamine, PleaseReportToTheFrontDesk, Riverdrifter, rockchalker52
They just don't have the right color skin after all.  Angry
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
Our "president's" biggest problem is that he's not the sharpest tool in the ol' garden shed. Combine that with his narcissism and you get a guy that doesn't care about anybody but himself. He'll go down PR next week and make the whole thing about himself. Meanwhile, people need help and they need it now.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riverdrifter's post:
  • Jessamine
Well, you know... PR is an ISLAND in the middle of the ATLANTIC OCEAN. (Someone had to tell him it's in the Caribbean Sea and that it's a peninsula, not an island.)

Tell me again which Top Tier university let him go to college there.

Sometimes I wonder, with Bush getting a degree from Harvard, etc, how anybody takes Harvard seriously anymore. Anybody with money can buy their kid a degree from there. Yes, Bush actually got the degree and you know he didn't earn it. He bought it. He would have never made it at Wichita State University.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
I believe the Bushes were Yale men.  My guess is that DJT was most likely a C student that paid somebody else to do his homework and got by because Daddy donated to the school.  ??  Despite what many would say I don't believe him to be much of a complex and erudite thinker type at all.  He is more the blustery bully kind of guy.  He read recently that he actually had some deals in P.R. that resulted in a huge bond default so in a big sense he contributed to their economic disaster.
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

All those Top Tier unis are the same on that point. You can buy your degrees from them.  Bill Gates was smart to realize that it's just the brand he would have been buying, and yet they really are special if you aren't wealthy enough to buy the degrees. 

I'm happy to say that the Clintons didn't have to buy their degrees from TT universities. 

Thinking back as far as possible, has there been an R president who didn't have to buy their degrees?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
(09-27-2017, 11:32 AM)Jessamine Wrote: They just don't have the right color skin after all.  Angry

Or the ability to vote for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chootspa's post:
  • Jessamine
Thinking back as far as possible, has there been an R president who didn't have to buy their degrees? 

Eisenhower
Gerald Ford

uh uh uh  maybe Nixon.  Reagan?  who cares?
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

[-] The following 1 user Likes autie's post:
  • Jessamine
(09-27-2017, 12:08 PM)autie Wrote: I believe the Bushes were Yale men.  My guess is that DJT was most likely a C student that paid somebody else to do his homework and got by because Daddy donated to the school.  ??  Despite what many would say I don't believe him to be much of a complex and erudite thinker type at all.  He is more the blustery bully kind of guy.  He read recently that he actually had some deals in P.R. that resulted in a huge bond default so in a big sense he contributed to their economic disaster.

Eh, Bush is smarter than he sounds. He's not a genius by any means, but I fully believe he was capable of Cs at Harvard, even if he didn't deserve admission. And he didn't deserve admission. Trump, on the other hand... I'm biased by his current mental acuity (or lack thereof), but I don't see him as able to complete a single essay, let alone a degree in his current state. 

Trump's involvement with the PR golf course was another branding deal where he just put his name on a business that was failing anyway, but yeah, he's still part of the problem. The extremely wealthy have been using PR as their personal piggy bank and leaving the territory with the bill.
Why can't people living in PR vote in elections - they're US citizens, right?