Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC cooking...
http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2017/oct/17...ata-shows/

It's not looking good. I've got a bit of a boiler going. I weigh 170 and should be in at 160. But I like pasta and stews and smothered recipes. It only gets worse with winter coming on. I just fired up to pressure test my Instant Pot. All OK. Anybody else pressure cook? What's up with you PC heads? What you got?
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
Yo, we fetched us an insta-pot.  Did it thru the Amazon link on this amazing Lundy site of ours.  So far, we've cooked a roast and a chicken, but not at the same time.  We used the yardbird in a big ol' pot of chicken soup.  It was fall-off-the-bone great for soup.  Looking forward to exploring what the magic pot can do.  Smarter came home with a magic pot cookbook.  "How to Instant Pot" by Daniel Shumski, the author of "Will It Skillet?"  There look to be some good recipes in there.
We may be doing chicken and dumplings soon. Been talking about it.  Had a big pot of vegetable soup to get through first.  We make too much.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
I cook a variety of beans in our pc - it's a lot quicker and easier than on the stovetop. And a lot of soups as well.

Since we're vegetarian, I cook bean/vegetable soups, and then use our immersion blender to blend them up.  The last one I made was a green split pea soup:

Serves 2

1/2 medium onion
zucchini
cabbage
1 tomato
3 cups diluted veggie or mushroom stock (maybe 1 cup stock and 2 cups liquid)
1-2 tsp. miso
4 oz. dried split peas

Rinse the split peas and make sure there aren't any little rocks/stones in them.

Saute the onion, zucchini and cabbage (I use enough that the combination is about the same amount as the onion) in olive oil for about 10 minutes, then add the rest of the ingredients (except the miso).  Bring the pressure cooker up to full pressure, then turn down and cook for 15 minutes, and let the pressure come down naturally.

Stir the miso into a little bit of cold water and mix, then add to the soup and blend with immersion blender.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jafs3's post:
  • Riverdrifter
We cooked half a dozen eggs in the instamagic pot today, hardboil style.  The instaPot gets high marks.  Cooked to perfection & the shell peeled so easily.  Why, those eggs practically peeled themselves.  

Four of the eggs went into a chicken/egg salad (or egg/chicken salad, depending on your outlook) along with the most of a chicken (also instaPotted) all diced up, a generous amount of diced celery, a goodly portion of diced green pepper, some diced red onion this time, 1/3 cup mayo.  

Don't mix in the mayo until you mix everything else with heaping half-teaspoons of poultry seasoning and ground pepper.  Also mix in an eighth teaspoon of onion salt. Then the mayo.  A third of a cup will do you right.  You don't want to muck it up with too much mayo. Next, chill it in the fridge.  It's so good.  I was gonna put sliced almonds & sliced green grapes in it but I got lazy.  I've done the almonds before & like it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rockchalker52's post:
  • Riverdrifter
Last night I made a huge amount of chicken and dressing for him to take to church for an after church dinner special thingy.

And I didn't get a single bite of it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
Thanks for your responses. I bought mine for basically cooking micro-venison (squirrels & rabbits) that I harvest in the fall & winter. As the zillion or so Instant Pot videos on You Tube show, there's a galaxy of recipes out there, so I'll be trying a lot of things. As I have a thing for pickled eggs and deviled eggs, well, the first dozen go in tomorrow.
Pet Rocks anyone???

Here's hoping your eye-pees function properly.

Instant Pot is designed by Canadians specifically for North American consumers. It is made in China by the No.1 electric pressure cooker manufacturer who has produced and sold over 30 million units for household use worldwide.
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry
Sealing ring is the thing. Heck, I think you can get them BB&B.
sealing ring in a cookware isn't too hard to understand, its basic phsyics in any environment that a sealing ring is used. But might be lost on the kitchen hobbyist. I dunno.
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry