Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Poll: How will you spend the chilly season?
by cooking & eating chili
lotsa catalogues about lotsa different things show up in the mail
strip clubs
by the time the winter olympics start, I'll be way sick of cold stuff.
it's easy. thanksgiving then christmas then super bowl then St. Patty's & before you know it your taters are in the ground & the crocus have spranged
you can click every choice if you want
or this: see comments
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
outlook for winter
Will you enjoy the winter season?  How will you spend your time?  How is your vibe here in the 4th quarter?  Mikey is feeling prepped & ready.  He got a new coat to keep him warm.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.
I swear I'm going to get the windows all washed inside and out this winter. I know... most people choose summer to do that stuff but I prefer it to be cold when I'm working my butt off. AND cold weather energizes me. I'm thinking I'll start with the dining room windows because they're the ones I can see right now. And I can clean the inside and go out on the deck and immediately do the outside too. That way it actually LOOKS clean after you clean it. Don't you hate it when you clean the inside of a window squeaky clean but it still looks dirty because there's more dirt on the outside than on the inside? Pisses me off. 

I bet you guys hire someone to clean your windows. Wish *I* was smart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
We got the place Winterized.  I will keep myself winterized with sour mash all winter.  Like most, the older I get the less I like Winter, mainly just the driving.  Need some firewood
Get my gear and fall in.  Nothing says wonderful winter like sitting next to the river in 15 degree sleet and shooting mallards barreling into the decoys.  Kampf Hund will have ice building up on his hair.  We love it.
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

[-] The following 1 user Likes autie's post:
  • Riverdrifter
Here's the Climate Prediction Center's Dec.-Jan.-Feb outlook. Looks to be largely normal. Warm in the south.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/pr...php?lead=2

Haven't seen the Farmer's Almanac forecast. They always make it generally ambiguous enough that they can claim a likewise general degree of accuracy.

I have a nice little apartment in the upstairs of my house which I no longer rent out. It's smaller and warmer than the downstairs. I'll be moving the flat screen up when the really cold weather hits and hang out there until spring.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
First!.  No.
"For if man has lost his freedom, and is forced to serve sin, and cannot will good, what conclusion can more justly be drawn concerning him, than that he sins and wills evil necessarily" - Martin Luther.
I second that emotion, Ronaldo.  Do you worry about the seasonal affective disorder?  I don't worry about it much, but just in case, I got this lovely pair of high beams to brighten the room.

My "happy lights" look nothing like that.

But yes I combat S.A.D. every time the daylight hours shorten.

I have mounted them in the shower so as to use them while I shave, drink my coffee, and watch partial episodes of cable shows on my phone that have made their way to Netflix or Amazon Prime. (multi-tasking at it's best)
Its the full body experience that way.

But the other day, I left my coffee mug/thermos/insulated thingy in the shower, and had to text the spousal unit to see if ze could bring it into work for me. (I abhor drinking Kalid's nectar from Styrofoam, and the mug/thermos/insulated thingy has developed the proper patina, much as a beer stein does)
Anyway, ze brought it in for me, and I was a happy camper the rest of the day.
"For if man has lost his freedom, and is forced to serve sin, and cannot will good, what conclusion can more justly be drawn concerning him, than that he sins and wills evil necessarily" - Martin Luther.
[-] The following 2 users Like RETICENT_IRREVERENT's post:
  • Jessamine, rockchalker52
(10-25-2017, 09:41 AM)PleaseReportToTheFrontDesk Wrote: I swear I'm going to get the windows all washed inside and out this winter. I know... most people choose summer to do that stuff but I prefer it to be cold when I'm working my butt off. AND cold weather energizes me. I'm thinking I'll start with the dining room windows because they're the ones I can see right now. And I can clean the inside and go out on the deck and immediately do the outside too. That way it actually LOOKS clean after you clean it. Don't you hate it when you clean the inside of a window squeaky clean but it still looks dirty because there's more dirt on the outside than on the inside? Pisses me off. 

I bet you guys hire someone to clean your windows. Wish *I* was smart.

Hey, thanks for this thread. Today because of my comment above I was inspired and I did wash two large windows inside and out. YAY!

27,000 inches of window more to go

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
(10-25-2017, 05:14 PM)RETICENT_IRREVERENT Wrote: My "happy lights" look nothing like that.

But yes I combat S.A.D. every time the daylight hours shorten.

I have mounted them in the shower so as to use them while I shave, drink my coffee, and watch partial episodes of cable shows on my phone that have made their way to Netflix or Amazon Prime. (multi-tasking at it's best)
Its the full body experience that way.

But the other day, I left my coffee mug/thermos/insulated thingy in the shower, and had to text the spousal unit to see if ze could bring it into work for me. (I abhor drinking Kalid's nectar from Styrofoam, and the mug/thermos/insulated thingy has developed the proper patina, much as a beer stein does)
Anyway, ze brought it in for me, and I was a happy camper the rest of the day.

After many years of paying Netflix every month faithfully for streaming, I finally dumped them this month.  For some years now I have not had one single success at finding a movie I want to watch that is still streaming. They only have dvds of the ones I like.  I don't want stuff in the mail. I want it NOW! by dambit