Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremy Hutchinson

.jpeg   398A084C-6DBA-4E36-90CC-6B2DEB788A78.jpeg (Size: 24.95 KB / Downloads: 53)

Jeremy Hutchinson, who has died at the age of 102, gained a reputation as one of the greatest advocates of his time.
He made his reputation in high-profile obscenity trials from an era when the Establishment was under attack from a more liberal social order.
He was on the team that defended the publishers of Lady Chatterley's Lover - other clients included Christine Keeler and Soviet spy George Blake.
He was the model for John Mortimer's character Rumpole of the Bailey.
Civil disobedience is patriotic 
hmm, are you taking a poll on the dearly departed Jeremy???
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry
(11-15-2017, 08:47 PM)susnus Wrote: hmm, are you taking a poll on the dearly departed Jeremy???

Hmmm. Didn’t think so. 

Let’s see

Are you familiar with Lady Chatterley?

Who???
She obviously had a penchant for blathering
Have you ever seen naked Romans in Britain?
No
lol. but i've seen naked roamings but not in Britain. 

So Jeremy was the model for Rumpole of the Bailey. Great show, made greater by Leo McKern.

nah, its just that this topic is about a flipping dead judge, and its in the Poll section.  It all points either to the north or the south POLE.
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry
[-] The following 1 user Likes susnus's post:
  • Jessamine
(11-15-2017, 09:15 PM)susnus Wrote: lol. but i've seen naked roamings but not in Britain. 

So Jeremy was the model for Rumpole of the Bailey. Great show, made greater by Leo McKern.

nah, its just that this topic is about a flipping dead judge, and its in the Poll section.  It all points either to the north or the south POLE.

Wow! I just noticed I didn’t put it in the Recently Deceased section. Brain addled. RC , you can move it if you wish-Lordy.
meh. phone posting crap happens.
(11-15-2017, 10:05 PM)susnus Wrote: meh. phone posting crap happens.

Now, what makes you think I’m posting on my phone?  Wink
If I hadn't scratched my head over Jeremy in the polls, I'd never have read the whole thing noting that he was the model for Rumpole - he was always referring to his wife as "she who will not be named".

Leo McKern as Rumpole. 

Leo is probably most recognized for his role as Clang in Help!
[-] The following 1 user Likes susnus's post:
  • Jessamine
(11-15-2017, 10:28 PM)susnus Wrote: If I hadn't scratched my head over Jeremy in the polls, I'd never have read the whole thing noting that he was the model for Rumpole - he was always referring to his wife as "she who will not be named".

Leo McKern as Rumpole. 

Leo is probably most recognized for his role as Clang in Help!

I learn so much from your film knowledge.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jessamine's post:
  • susnus