Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Poll: Which pathway has directly affected you the most?
Wall Street
Madison Avenue
Gasoline Alley
Lovers' Lane
that one with all those good intentions
or this: see comments
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iconic Roadways
Over the course of your lifetime, which iconic roadway has directly affected you the most?  Wall Street or Madison Avenue? Or some other roadway?
Why just yesterday I drove on part of the iconic Route 66 in lovely downtown Miami, Oklahoma.  We went down there for the first Midwest Bowl Classic pitting powerful Northeast Oklahoma's Golden Norsemen against the 7th ranked Independence Community College Pirates.  Our local sports collective won a glowing victory 30 -20 to win the trophy.  You can probably see snippet highlights of that game in Netflix's documentary series, "Second Chance U".
little redneck in a cowboy hat 

[-] The following 1 user Likes autie's post:
  • HillbillySue

It's possible to become so defiled in this world that your own father and mother will abandon you, and if that happens, God will always believe in your ability to mend your ways.

(12-04-2017, 10:27 AM)autie Wrote: Why just yesterday I drove on part of the iconic Route 66 in lovely downtown Miami, Oklahoma.  We went down there for the first Midwest Bowl Classic pitting powerful Northeast Oklahoma's Golden Norsemen against the 7th ranked Independence Community College Pirates.  Our local sports collective won a glowing victory 30 -20 to win the trophy.  You can probably see snippet highlights of that game in Netflix's documentary series, "Second Chance U".

Are you talking about Miami or Miama? Miami is in Florida, Miama is in Oklahoma. If you went to Miami that must have been one hell of a drive. I do all my grocery shopping in Schenectady but I fly there.
It's possible to become so defiled in this world that your own father and mother will abandon you, and if that happens, God will always believe in your ability to mend your ways.

Gungywamp Road, Ledyard CT.

http://www.damnedct.com/gungywamp-groton/
"I remember landing under sniper fire." -Hildebeast R. Clinton 
US route 56, Kansas City to Santa Fe, New Mexico. It closely follows the Santa Fe trail. I live near it and walk across it twice a day.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riverdrifter's post:
  • Jessamine
I’m pretty sure Madison Avenue has directly affected my life more than Wall Street has.  Their stuff is always in my face & ‘Its what’s up front that counts.’
spacehog, I'm impressed that you know that about Miama vs. Miami.  I thought that was mostly a red dirt or SEK thing.  You know, Emory Hicks was from Nowata.
little redneck in a cowboy hat 

(12-04-2017, 01:01 PM)autie Wrote: spacehog, I'm impressed that you know that about Miama vs. Miami.  I thought that was mostly a red dirt or SEK thing.  You know, Emory Hicks was from Nowata.

You'd be surprised at what some of us know.  I have relatives that attended Northeastern.  Very surprised they didn't whip your Liberal butts.  They musta' had an off-day.

I thought they were the River Hawks?
the 21st Street access road/highway/alternate route/bypass/
Its very, very difficult to dispel ignorance if you retain arrogance.