Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Old Coins
UNDER THE STREET - It's Tuesday, Ruby.  G'bye.
asked under your sibling's broken piggy bank, you thievin' brat

Have you come across any older coins lately?  Maybe a silver quarter?  Mercury dime?  How 'bout any wheat pennies?

.jpg   acoin.jpg (Size: 12.9 KB / Downloads: 44)

Dayum, them are some big images.  Glad they aren't that big for real.  A pocket full of those & my britches would fall down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rockchalker52's post:
  • Jessamine
I get out the metal detector from time to time and go coin shooting. I've probably accumulated a couple hundred silver coins. No 1916-D or 1921 Mercury dimes though and those are the ones you want. Man, years ago a friend inherited a massive silver coin collection from a crusty bachelor farmer neighbor. Thousands and thousands of coins. It sits in trunks in his basement and he never even looks at it. I mean, a 1916-D circulated dime is worth around $10,000. Uncirculated, double that. Come on man, get with it!
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
Seems greedy and covetous to me.
“God Hillary should win 100,000,000 – 0,” -Peter Strzok
I got a silver Franklin half dollar in change a while back - it's pretty.
(12-05-2017, 02:06 PM)jafs3 Wrote: I got a silver Franklin half dollar in change a while back - it's pretty.

When we went to sandwich coins, well, our coins are trash now by comparison.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
Funny you should ask. Husband walks a lot and he looks down when he walks. He finds really nice jewelry sometimes, and all kinds of stuff you'd have in your wallet except money because the thieves don't want the rest of that stuff... and he finds coins. Not long ago he did find a wheat penny. He showed it to me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.