Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's dump the homeless veterans
Four days after Veterans Affairs Secretary David Shulkin held a big Washington event to tout the Trump administration’s promise to house all homeless vets, the agency did an about-face, telling advocates it was pulling resources from a major housing program.

Quote:Sen. Patty Murray (D-Wash.), who sits on a veterans' affairs subcommittee, called the VA decision "a new low" for the Trump administration that was "especially callous and perplexing" in view of the latest data on homelessness.
Its very, very difficult to dispel ignorance if you retain arrogance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes susnus's post:
  • Riverdrifter
God, it's so blatant.
As time goes by, every day is a new low for the tRump administration.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
And a new low for: NeverTrumpers, the Deep State, leftist nutcases, the crooked media and the shadow government headed up by Barry, Hildebeast and a whole host of extremist leftist failed politicos.
"I remember landing under sniper fire." -Hildebeast R. Clinton 
(12-07-2017, 11:29 AM)Riverdrifter Wrote: As time goes by, every day is a new low for the tRump administration.

I'm shocked that his base thinks neglecting homeless vets is OK.
It is the same old bait and switch.  Just jump out there and say whatever the hell turns on the lowest common denominator for these rubes and wave a flag.  Cheer the vets, build a wall, lock out muslims and get your ass elected.  Then turn on them like a bottle of wine turns to vinegar.  One thing after another of screwing over the people that got him there.  But now we've completed the night of the long knives and Bannon is gone and weasels like Jared are still Goebbeling around.  Vets are no longer necessary for the show so they are remitted to the sideline.
little redneck in a cowboy hat 

*gently points out that Autie is using a Hitler metaphor against a Jew*
gee. Imagine this.  Public outcry reversed the cuts.
Its very, very difficult to dispel ignorance if you retain arrogance.
Hey, that's great.
(12-07-2017, 06:02 PM)susnus Wrote: gee. Imagine this.  Public outcry reversed the cuts.

Love this comment from the linked article (note: turn on sarcasm meter).

"But it's the kneeling NFL players who disrespect veterans, right?"
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.