Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Poll: How are your gift wrapping skills?
I do beautiful work
Not very good
gifts?
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gift wrapping skilz
Are you a good gift wrapper?

or are you more like this?

.jpg   agift3.jpg (Size: 38.51 KB / Downloads: 77)

It's possible to become so defiled in this world that your own father and mother will abandon you, and if that happens, God will always believe in your ability to mend your ways.

[-] The following 3 users Like Spacehog's post:
  • HillbillySue, Jessamine, rockchalker52
When I worked for Southern Bell I'd work part time during Christmas season wrapping gifts for Maison Blanche on Canal Street. I learned some good tricks.

But I no longer enjoy it all because believe it or not after 75 years of living wrapping Christmas gifts gets a bit old. Or at least it did for me. I love those Christmas bags where all you do is stick all their presents in one big bag and scotch tape it closed, put it at Santa's feet, and wallah! done! I'd also prefer GETTING that kind of gift. It's easy and you can use the bag for something else... or save it for next year's gift.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
Interesting!  My grandpa was a Bell lineman Forman, installing poles all over the Midwest. What years did you work for them?  Such an interesting history.
Civil disobedience is patriotic 
yah, find us some more gizmos that nobody can recognize!
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry
(12-08-2017, 05:23 PM)susnus Wrote: yah, find us some more gizmos that nobody can recognize!

But, nobody really liked playing that game  Big Grin
I did, once I figured out the site you used, which I now forget where, honest!
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry
(12-08-2017, 04:56 PM)Jessamine Wrote: Interesting!  My grandpa was a Bell lineman Forman, installing poles all over the Midwest. What years did you work for them?  Such an interesting history.

That was in New Orleans. I wanted to work for Southern Bell as soon as I graduated from high school because they were the only company where, if you didn't have a college education, you got paid $80 a week if you were a woman. Men had all kinds of jobs where they'd make that and more but women did not. BUT I was only 17 when I graduated in May and didn't turn 18 until late October. So I worked as a waitress. But Bell took me on the week I turned 18. I was an information operator in New Orleans then. That was 1960. I'd get off the streetcar on Canal and St Charles and walk a few blocks south but can't remember the name of the street now. I think it was Poydras. About 9 stories .... but memory isn't good on the details.

edit: not south... I'd walk west. I keep forgetting that uptown in New Orleans is NOT up... it's sideways.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
(12-08-2017, 08:24 PM)susnus Wrote: I did, once I figured out the site you used, which I now forget where, honest!

Haha. Not tellin’

.jpeg   BDFF711F-B7DA-4A6C-82E1-759D1CC31C34.jpeg (Size: 31.81 KB / Downloads: 14)
The artist

.jpeg   2E5CA4B6-54C3-46AF-AF5D-79784AB78371.jpeg (Size: 43.92 KB / Downloads: 14)

.jpeg   DC9E8CA9-7EF0-4354-AF5C-F20443FBB3AE.jpeg (Size: 67.51 KB / Downloads: 14)
The zombie doll
[-] The following 2 users Like Jessamine's post:
  • rockchalker52, susnus