Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good Life
UNDER THE STREET - Friday, the start of a fine holiday weekend
asked under the canuba waxed runners on Santa's sleigh

How would you define 'The Good Life?'

.jpg   alife3.jpg (Size: 86.88 KB / Downloads: 96)

.jpg   alife5.jpg (Size: 45.78 KB / Downloads: 96)

.jpg   alife6.jpg (Size: 14.21 KB / Downloads: 96)

.jpg   alife7.jpg (Size: 24.24 KB / Downloads: 96)
When I hear this I know something good is about to happen.

It's possible to become so defiled in this world that your own father and mother will abandon you, and if that happens, God will always believe in your ability to mend your ways.

The good life is work hard, play hard, eat well, love well and don't f**k nobody over.  Pretty simple.  If you sleep well at night with a clear conscience about your day you may have made it.
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

[-] The following 1 user Likes autie's post:
  • rockchalker52
I'd rather not say, she doesn't appreciate it when I convey details to others...
As a day progresses we will think of other things that make it a good life.  When your ninety one pound yellow Labradorable just comes in after a run about and gets a big drink of cool water and proceeds to walks up to the chair and step up with his front paws and give me a big juicy face kiss.  You gotta be doing something right on that one.  I mean, yes it is yuckers and you have to go wipe it off.  But that's OK too because he thinks you're wiping it in.  He's just....a boy.

[-] The following 2 users Like autie's post:
  • Jessamine, rockchalker52
Sometimes The Good Life calls for some giving & even though it's late in the game, here's a new way (new to me, anyway) to wrap a present.  It's cool beans & easy peasy.  Heck, I might even be able to do it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes rockchalker52's post:
  • Jessamine
(12-22-2017, 06:12 PM)autie Wrote: As a day progresses we will think of other things that make it a good life.  When your ninety one pound yellow Labradorable just comes in after a run about and gets a big drink of cool water and proceeds to walks up to the chair and step up with his front paws and give me a big juicy face kiss.  You gotta be doing something right on that one.  I mean, yes it is yuckers and you have to go wipe it off.  But that's OK too because he thinks you're wiping it in.  He's just....a boy.

Best post of the week
[-] The following 1 user Likes rockchalker52's post:
  • Jessamine
Yesterday, after working 56 pairs of momma cows/calves through the chute to vaccinate, castrate and ear tag, my pal Trevor and I stopped by the local neighborhood bar for a cocktail. The night of the Xmas blowout for the employees of the bar/motel, the owner threw the spread open to whomever happened in. We helped ourselves to prime rib sandwiches at the full blown buffet.  Another high roller picked up the bar tab to the tune of $1079 when all was said and done. Lots of friends there, and man the place was rockin'. It was just special. To top it off Trevor got a call from his agent in Hollywood. A part-time stunt horse rider, he was asked to report to 20th Century Fox studios in Century City, CA Jan. 15th for 6-8 weeks of work in SoCal and Mexico.
Good times come and go. Enjoy'em when you get'em.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
[-] The following 2 users Like Riverdrifter's post:
  • Jessamine, rockchalker52
I’d have to say seeing my son and daughter’s face as I got off the plane, lugging three big boxes of homemade cookies. Waking up to all my children and grandchildren and two dogs-nothing better! Except maybe my youngest grandson calling me ‘grams” (the only who does) he has a bit of a drawl and a husky voice for 10 years old. I’m sure I will find even more as the days go by. 
Grams-I love that!
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
[-] The following 2 users Like Jessamine's post:
  • Riverdrifter, rockchalker52
(12-22-2017, 07:31 PM)Riverdrifter Wrote: Yesterday, after working 56 pairs of momma cows/calves through the chute to vaccinate, castrate and ear tag, my pal Quincy and I stopped by the local neighborhood bar for a cocktail. The night of the Xmas blowout for the employees of the bar/motel, the owner threw the spread open to whomever happened in. We helped ourselves to prime rib sandwiches at the full blown buffet.  Another high roller picked up the bar tab to the tune of $1079 when all was said and done. Lots of friends there, and man the place was rockin'. It was just special. To top it off Quincy got a call from his agent in Hollywood. A part-time stunt horse rider, he was asked to report to 20th Century Fox studios in Century City, CA Jan. 15th for 6-8 weeks of work in SoCal and Mexico.
Good times come and go. Enjoy'em when you get'em.

Did anybody see a bald eagle sitting in a tree?  When I drove to Miami, OK. for the football game I saw a bald eagle in a tree just east of Coffeyville.  A good sign.  Eagles in weird places is a good sign.

[-] The following 1 user Likes autie's post:
  • Riverdrifter