Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Truth about Wages of Whiteness
"Once upon a time, down South, a rich white man made a bargain with a poor white ... ‘You boss the ni33er, and I’ll boss the money."
Interesting read. Too many words for the folks who really should read it, though. 

I remember having all those frustrating conversations with Iamme, who kept insisting as best I could tell that because he didn't benefit from generational wealth, nobody does.
I found it to be interesting, too. Also sad, because the state of racism in this country has not changed much at all.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
yah, the history of systemic racism and oppression is well laid out in that article. Oppression of the working and poor classes regardless of race, and getting those working and poor whites to hate on the blacks and feel like they're part of the rich and powerful owner white class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes susnus's post:
  • Jessamine
Give it up
“God Hillary should win 100,000,000 – 0,” -Peter Strzok
[-] The following 1 user Likes Agent99's post:
  • BornAgainAmerican
(01-01-2018, 12:32 AM)Agent99 Wrote: Give it up

In other words, "No I did not read the linked article."
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riverdrifter's post:
  • chootspa
(01-01-2018, 12:46 AM)Riverdrifter Wrote: In other words, "No I did not read the linked article."

Return the favor. Stop reading his posts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chootspa's post:
  • susnus
(12-31-2017, 09:06 PM)chootspa Wrote: Interesting read. Too many words for the folks who really should read it, though. 

I remember having all those frustrating conversations with Iamme, who kept insisting as best I could tell that because he didn't benefit from generational wealth, nobody does.

Happy New Year!

No, you are mischaracterizing my position.  My position is that I don't want to be swept up with some broad stereotypical brush. 

As for generational wealth, of course it happens.  It happens all the time.  My son will inherit a fair amount of wealth but it won't be because he's biracial.  It will be because both his parents worked long and hard.  If you inherited wealth or if you leave your children wealth it will be because ... well, I don't know why.  If you choose to define it because you're white, assuming you identify as such, then that's fine.  If it's because you worked hard, that's fine as well.  I won't paint you with that wide stereotypical brush and ask of you the same courtesy.
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."   George Orwell    
[-] The following 1 user Likes iamme2's post:
  • BornAgainAmerican
(12-31-2017, 09:09 PM)Jessamine Wrote: I found it to be interesting, too. Also sad, because the state of racism in this country has not changed much at all.

I agree, blacks still have the same seething hatred for whites with affirmative action, 50 years and trillions of dollars later. 

Don't despair though, the Dem party and the "resistance" is gearing up this year to sell an even bigger bill of goods to blacks and other minorities to try and win back some votes. When will ya'll stop falling for their lies and propaganda?
“God Hillary should win 100,000,000 – 0,” -Peter Strzok
[-] The following 1 user Likes Agent99's post:
  • BornAgainAmerican
The Politico article uses a Communist to bash Trump.  LU Progs once again showing their spots.

Quote:William Edward Burghardt Du Bois (February 23, 1868 – August 27, 1963) was a prominent American civil rights activist, sociologist, historian and militant activist. He joined the Communist party and moved to Africa, where he was largely forgotten. DuBois was awarded the Stalin Peace Prize in 1959.