Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Poll: a piano bar/coffee shop/soda fountain/magazine & news outlet?
sure, great idea
major fail
mebbe
or this: see comments
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A business model
Hey, is the following a good business model for downtown Larryville?

A piano bar/coffee shop/soda fountain that has a monitor at every table offering free access to dozens of online magazines & new sites.
First.

No
"For if man has lost his freedom, and is forced to serve sin, and cannot will good, what conclusion can more justly be drawn concerning him, than that he sins and wills evil necessarily" - Martin Luther.
It will work if they serve Free State beer.  Anything with that, as they say, goes well.

We had a couple piany bars come and go already.  Did anyone ever make it to them?
Everything in the soon to fail leftist looney bin of communism is doomed.  Liberal soc prog types sipping lattes and plotting the downfall of Ameerica as we know it with our traditional values is par for the course in Looney Larryville.
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

How's about a combination bar/grill (with lag tables), bank and bait shop? Everything you need.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
Prospector, where wuz the piany bars?  I always envisioned going to a classy joint like something in 'The Fabulous Baker Boys' with Michelle Pfeiffer sprawled across a baby grand singing torch songs.  Not for the suggested bidness model, mind you.
Now I tell you get a bar with one of them big pianos in a tavern/bait shop with good beer and then get that Michelle Fife upon that piano singing all sultry like..well hell's bell's boy, we'd never get to the fishin.
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits

[-] The following 1 user Likes autie's post:
  • rockchalker52
(01-03-2018, 01:02 PM)rockchalker52 Wrote: Prospector, where wuz the piany bars?  I always envisioned going to a classy joint like something in 'The Fabulous Baker Boys' with Michelle Pfeiffer sprawled across a baby grand singing torch songs.  Not for the suggested bidness model, mind you.

There was one for a couple years in the little strip mail where Paisonos is located. It was on the north side. I'm gonna guess in the '90s.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
There was also one in the 700 block of New Hamster north of the Bottleneck that did not last a year.  I think they tried dueling  pianos too.
are you getting retail ideas again?  remember, there's a bull-it marked for your Amygdala.

semper maize!

someone's been re-watching La-La Land.
No replies to subterranean posters for 1 days and counting