Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mueller's Witch Hunt
Or rather what the GOP want to pretend is one. Their latest move to discredit Steele is a bit obvious. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-...e55028ca4b
Why Trump and Sessions are in a heap of trouble. This is from the WaPo's conservative blog, btw. "Jennifer Rubin writes the Right Turn blog for The Post, offering reported opinion from a conservative perspective." 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/rig...3bf3466623
    Quote:
  • Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III has evidence, including a memo from former chief of staff Reince Priebus, confirming at least some of the allegations that former FBI director James B. Comey made and documented in contemporaneous memos. For instance, Priebus documents President Trump’s attempt to get Comey to publicly clear him, something Comey recounted at the time.
  • The original draft of the letter firing Comey reportedly contained an introductory statement claiming that the Russia investigation was “fabricated and politically motivated.” The president’s aides prevailed upon him not to send it, but Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein (cleverly) took an original copy of the letter. He nevertheless drafted a memo setting out entirely different grounds for firing Comey (i.e. Comey’s handing of the Hillary Clinton emails and the false allegation that FBI morale was low).
  • Trump was frantic to keep Attorney General Jeff Sessions in place to protect him in the Russia probe, dispatched the White House counsel to lean on Sessions not to recuse himself and then blew his stack when Sessions did recuse himself. He demanded an attorney general who would protect him the way that he imagined Robert Kennedy protected his brother President John F. Kennedy and Eric Holder protected President Barack Obama.
  • A Sessions aide reportedly went looking for dirt on Comey, going to a congressional office for evidence several days before Comey was fired. Sessions apparently wanted one negative story a day on Comey in the media.
  • A White House lawyer, Uttam Dhillon, reportedly lied to the president, telling him he could not fire Comey without cause, because he was afraid of what Trump would do.
Quote:As for Dhillon, this actually confirms author Michael Wolff’s ongoing refrain in his tell-all book that White House advisers considered Trump to be mentally and/or temperamentally incapable of doing his job. To continue to enable and defend him, knowing he is not capable of carrying out his oath, is a moral abomination and a violation of these advisers’ own oaths to defend the Constitution and country. Moreover, if Mueller has this information, it is because Dhillon and/or White House counsel Donald McGahn are talking to Mueller. Trump will now know that he is surrounded, in his mind, by disloyal people who are helping Mueller to make a case against him.

The walls are closing in on Trump, at least with respect to an obstruction-of-justice claim. Literally everyone mentioned above may have evidence that incriminates the president. Some of these people will have personal liability and therefore may be ready to cut a deal with prosecutors. The White House is melting down.
yah, with Manafort and Gates' trial set for May, the trump train is gonna be a long time comin'.
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry
I'll take this here door no. 2 to respond to.
This ossified geezer Sessions is something else. He's a loser. 1970's dude isn't quite the renaissance man.

Question: Do we know for sure that Dhillon and McGahn are talking to Mueller's team or is that speculation? If so, those would indeed be two veerry spooky code talkers agin Tumpy.
Speaking of whom, Tumpy's in the pressure cooker for sure now. He must be rilly unhappy and no fun to be around. Looking forward to the continued curb stomping of the Tumpy crime syndicate. I'll send him a Happy Meal to help him get through it.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
Found this from Law.com

Uttam Dhillon actually worked for Comey during his time at the Justice Department, from 2003-2006. In his role as associate deputy attorney general, Dhillon worked right under Comey, who was deputy attorney general from 2003-2005.

God, this stuff gets twisted around. Nothing has changed in that regard since the Watergate days...
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riverdrifter's post:
  • susnus
(01-05-2018, 08:16 PM)susnus Wrote: yah, with Manafort and Gates' trial set for May, the trump train is gonna be a long time comin'.

I think Trump's going to quit or die of a fast food-induced heart attack before this particular train wreck finishes crashing.
They are very obvious.

Even their own supporters should be embarrassed at how obvious they are in going after Mueller to try to save their party the humiliation of having yet another president who commits crimes either to get into office or just because they have no ethics. 

They know they're unethical. They're supporters know it too. You'd have to be the biggest dipshit dummy who ever lived not to know that the R party no longer has one iota of ethics. It's only a matter of winning at all costs. No matter how treasonous you have to be to do it. 

This attack on Mueller's investigation is so in-your-face obviously unethical that I wonder how any R is able to look the citizens of this country in the eyes anymore.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
(01-05-2018, 09:25 PM)chootspa Wrote: I think Trump's going to quit or die of a fast food-induced heart attack before this particular train wreck finishes crashing.

I'm hoping for a full scale breakdown on TV - I wanna see the springworks pop out of this man-child's head.  You know, this guy reminds me of so many of Vonnegut's bad stupid rich guy characters ... I gotta wonder if, like sexual harassment being exposed among the stupid and powerful and rich, that powerful and stupid and rich man-child will be exposed for their Trump like self. 

351 days of Trump admin. Never thought I'd see that day. Wolff's book exposes the sheer lunacy and incompetence and inexperience and carelessness of this WH ... How have they gotten this far, and how did they ever get in?  Now that we know some of the book's excerpts about the WH.
One cannot live with sighted eyes and feeling heart and not know or react to the miseries which afflict this world. Lorraine Hansberry
How did they get in? Mostly racism.
Great sus.  Now all I have in my head is Matthew Harrison Brady having his meltdown in the court room.  The only difference is I'm pretty sure trump doesn't know squat-ola about the bible.
Natural selection will never favor Evangelical misfits