Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump's WSJ interview is incoherent and bizarre
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/...im-jong-un

Quote:Among the things he said:
  • “I probably have a very good relationship with Kim Jong Un. I have relationships with people. I think you people are surprised.”
  • WSJ reporters asked if that meant he talks directly to Kim, which would be a major departure from US policy over the past decade. Trump replied: “I don’t want to comment on it. I’m not saying I have or haven’t. I just don’t want to comment.”
  • On the border wall, he explained, “[Mexico] can pay for it indirectly through NAFTA. We make a good deal on NAFTA, and, say, I’m going to take a small percentage of that money and it’s going toward the wall. Guess what? Mexico’s paying.”
  • “I don’t know what the word permanent means,” Trump said when asked if his relationship with Bannon was permanently ruptured because of Bannon’s cooperation with Michael Wolff’s book about the Trump administration, Fire and Fury.
  • “[Trump] claimed that firing former Federal Bureau of Investigation Director James Comey should have elicited grateful applause from across Washington.”
  • “Mr. Trump also said that messages traded between a pair of FBI employees who had been involved in the Mueller investigation amounted to treason.”
  • “Mr. Trump offered an unsolicited rebuttal to Fire and Fury, saying it showed the need for new libel laws. But he acknowledged that was unlikely to happen, saying that the Republican-controlled Congress doesn’t have the ‘guts’ for that debate.”
  • Trump “acknowledged that Pyongyang may be trying to separate Washington and Seoul. ‘If I were them, I would try,’ he said. ‘The difference is I’m president, other people aren’t,’ he said. ‘And I know more about wedges than any human being that’s lived.’”
Probably the best we can hope for is Mueller's investigation directly implicating Tumpy with rock hard evidence of collusion, thereby forcing him to resign. The GOPers don't have the cojones to impeach the silly dotard.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
And that they take Pence down with everyone else.
(01-13-2018, 02:09 PM)chootspa Wrote: And that they take Pence down with everyone else.

Works for me!
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Riverdrifter's post:
  • chootspa
(01-13-2018, 01:25 PM)Riverdrifter Wrote: Probably the best we can hope for is Mueller's investigation directly implicating Tumpy with rock hard evidence of collusion, thereby forcing him to resign. The GOPers don't have the cojones to impeach the silly dotard.

My firm belief (laugh at me later if I'm wrong):

Mueller will NEVER charge Trump with a crime. He will pass that on to the GOP Congress to use for impeachment. They may impeach, just as Bill Clinton was impeached, but if the Senate is still held by the GOP then he won't be forced to resign, just as Clinton was not forced to resign, even though he was impeached.  That trial by Senate is the real clincher. I just don't see a GOP Senate finding Trump guilty of anything so that he'd have to resign.

The question I have is, would the GOP even impeach him at all if they are not sure if they'll still have the majority in the Senate in order to acquit him for whatever charges they've impeached him with. I think we tend to forget sometimes that the term, impeach, really just means something like charging with a crime, not convicting for a crime. Isn't that how you guys see it? Look at Clinton's impeachment and following trial by the Senate. It would be the same for Trump.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If I don't answer when you talk to me or about me, that's likely because I have you on ignore.  Try to PM me. It won't let you PM me if I have you on ignore. There are other people, not members, who peruse this site. I want THEM to know why I don't reply to everyone who talks to or about me.
It would be impossible for the GOP to lose enough seats in the midterm that they couldn't still prevent Trump from being removed from office if they chose to. It takes 2/3 in both chambers, and I don't think there are enough seats even being contested in the Senate.
Actually, it only takes a simple majority in the House, and a 2/3 majority in the Senate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jafs3's post:
  • Riverdrifter
They won’t impeach. The best Mueller may be able to do criminally, is a charge of money laundering.
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jessamine's post:
  • Riverdrifter
Not obstruction of justice?
If it comes down to it, I would think Trump would figure out a way to resign and pretend he wasn't. Declare America to have been made great again? Open that TV network after all?