Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue wave takes the Senate?
I still say it's unlikely given the map, but this article thinks it's now possible https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost...58ff31ed7b

Quote:Even before Trump took office, members of both parties agreed that the House majority would be up for grabs. On a broad level, the 2016 presidential math looked relatively stable — Trump won 230 House districts, almost exactly the same as Mitt Romney in 2012 — but there was a dramatic shift at the ground level. Several dozen suburban districts swung into Democrat Hillary Clinton’s column or went from strong Romney districts to narrow wins for Trump. Rural districts, meanwhile, broke far out of reach for Democrats.
Both Silver and Cook believe the Democratic case for picking up the 24 House seats they need for the majority has only gotten stronger amid Trump’s historic unpopularity for a first-year president. Silver actually believes some analysts have been “slow to recognize just how bad things had gotten for Republicans,” given election data from 2017 congressional special elections and Virginia’s gubernatorial race.
Cook believes Democrats are now favored to win the House.

Quote:In all, he gives Democrats a 35 percent chance of winning the Senate. “It’s higher than it probably ‘should’ be given how favorable the Senate map is for Republicans. But it’s still a fairly steep hill to climb,” Silver wrote.

Cook agrees with these factors, but he compares himself to a baseball scout “watching the numbers but taking a lot of nonnumerical points into consideration as well.”
WaPo.  'Nuff said.
I doubt the Demos get the Senate but we'll take what we can get!
-
-
-
Cabin fever. Somebody has 38 posts on the day and counting. No life. So sad.
You are the wind beneath my wings, otherwise known as turbulence.
(01-13-2018, 08:30 PM)Riverdrifter Wrote: I doubt the Demos get the Senate but we'll take what we can get!
-
-
-
Cabin fever. Somebody has 38 posts on the day and counting. No life. So sad.

Hush now. This is my 38th post. ;-P  

And in all seriousness, I don't expect them to take the Senate, but if they can keep it reasonably close and take the House, that's at least something. But who knows. If Trump keeps talking about shithole countries and how stable his genius is, it might not be so unrealistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chootspa's post:
  • Riverdrifter