Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Washing lettuce
Has anyone used a front-loading clothes washer to wash and spin dry lettuce?
Top loaders worked well, but.. you know technology.
OK, I bit. I picked some lettuce today and tried it in a front loading Neptune washer. Worked OK.
You can get a salad spinner from Blood Bath and Beyond for fifteen bucks. I'd say go that way.

Go away.
Neptune, that is a tilted drum right?
My LG spins like 4 times as fast as the old top load.  Did it shred much?
The old top load worked just about perfect.
I may have to find a top load for the barn.
I picked like two laundry baskets this morning. Maybe 40#.
'Riverdrifter dateline='' Wrote: OK, I bit. I picked some lettuce today and tried it in a front loading Neptune washer. Worked OK.
You can get a salad spinner from Blood Bath and Beyond for fifteen bucks. I'd say go that way

I swear I saw your picture on a huge sign in Murphysboro, IL today.[img]/images/smilies/0802.gif[/img]

Civil disobedience is patriotic 
(05-21-2014, 05:32 PM)'Jessamine' Wrote:
'Riverdrifter dateline='' Wrote: OK, I bit. I picked some lettuce today and tried it in a front loading Neptune washer. Worked OK.
You can get a salad spinner from Blood Bath and Beyond for fifteen bucks. I'd say go that way

I swear I saw your picture on a huge sign in Murphysboro, IL today.[img]/images/smilies/0802.gif[/img]

Are you two snapchatting or something?
You people are friggin insane.  Pick and wash off the cooties in the sink and put it in the colander for a bit.  Why they hell do you have bring electronics in to the formula?  God damn... next thing you know someone will tell the truth about your evil ways and the moderator will kill the thread.  Clothes Dryers and lettuce?  Are you friggin kidding me?  If you would only read Chapter 23 you would know that lettuce is to be dried..or spun, naturally.  It is the only way we can return to our constitutional republic without sublime racism.  Bitches.
verum tuae sui
This was a dead thread until I responded. I should've just left it lay.
Last night I responded to an active thread and it ended. [img]/images/smilies/dodgy.gif[/img]

(Shakes head, stumbles out the tattered screen back door of this thread, which hits me on the ass)

HEY, wait a minute -forty freakin' pounds of lettuce? You got rabbits and goats?

Go away.
Wait.  Do you guys whas your food in a clothes washer or did I miss something?

Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

No goats, fence charger keeps out the rabbits.
I did have a pair of feral pot belly pigs marauding a bit ago.

I just over do it every once in a while...

(05-21-2014, 08:08 PM)'Liberty' Wrote: Wait.  Do you guys whas your food in a clothes washer or did I miss something?

If you have a large load, you can just rinse and spin dry, but the new front load machines spin too fast and shred the lettuce.