Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peppers and Tomatoes
Reusing last years organic soil, we have about 50 pepper plants and 10 Tomatoes fruiting.  Just yesterday I reopotted them from the starter containers.  

Looks like maybe a Black Pearl and a Jalapeno.  They are beautiful.  We grow peppers and Garlic to go into pickles.  Given our facilities, we don't have room to grow cukes, so we just buy those.

The Wandering Jew.

The name is not PC, but it's my plant and that's what I was first told they are called.  These came from North Carolina where I took one single cutting from a plant in a park, kept it a week in a ziplock bag, flew it home, rooted it - and now it has grown into two nice and novel plants for Lawrence.  The winters are just cold enough to kill them here, but not cold enough to kill them in Charlotte.  I bring them in during the winter and keep them going under a 40 watt CFL.  Jews or not, they have wandered halfway across America.

Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

Looks real good. Do you make salsa?

Go away.
Mmm, fresh salsa, with cactus.

It's also called purple heart. [img]/images/smilies/0106.gif[/img]

Civil disobedience is patriotic 
I just like growing peppers.  We could make some wicked salsa but we just put the peppers in with pickles.  

My ghost seeds came too late to plant, so I'm going to try them next year.

This year our entire garden is from sead, no store bought plants.  Also, we have a hydro tomato and pepper as well as a hydro ficus bonsai.

We have some cacti too Jess, but they're too small to eat.

Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

If you click the picture it will turn the right way, and give you a full sized image.

Winner.
Winner.

Chicken Dinner.

Very nice.[img]/images/smilies/0701.gif[/img]

Civil disobedience is patriotic