Guests may browse all the site, but only registered users can post in the main forums.
Unregistered users may post in the Free Range Talk Forum

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Deficit Set to Explode - CBO
Just when you think it can't get any worse, it gets worse.  0-bama will shout to the rooftops that, "The deficit is lower than it's ever been" because that is true, today. The article points that out but, as usual, the current (mis)administration views it and reports it through rose colored glasses. What comes next is not as rosy.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/f...ar-AA8ClQs
If you read the article, a main reason for that is the increasing number of retired baby boomers and the costs associated with their SS and Medicare benefits.

Should we cut benefits for those people?

Also, some of us remember that the SS "trust fund" was set up to prepare for this increase, and we would have been ok if the politicians hadn't raided that fund for other spending (both R and D administrations did this).

In other words, this isn't Obama's fault.

Y'all know how much I love shooting fish in a barrel.  Today's "fresh trout" made me laugh... such a self-proclaimed conservative referencing the five-letter network that nobody watches, the Left Wingnut to the Right Winghuts over at Faux News.

Anyhoo...

Once again, The Extreme Right completely loses any sense of historical reality.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 2012.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 2008.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 2004.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 2000.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 1996.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 1992.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 1988.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 1984.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 1980.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 1976.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 1972.

The Baby Boomers were steaming towards old age, retirement, and increased health care costs in 1968.

Oh... but wait... this is all entirely, completely, 100% the fault of President Obama, huh?

The Extreme Right is a complete waste... and the original post proves it.

Every census since 1970 has warned us of this problem.  If anything, blame President Obama for being "part of the problem," since he was born in 1961.  Don't forget to look in the mirror when you do so.

No, Obama worshipers. It's coming. I hear or read something nearly every day a collapse is coming, maybe as soon as late 2015. What's gonna be your spin when it happens. Here, let me throw one out: "This sorta stuff is cyclical---it'll correct itself". Oh no wait,  hows 'bouts 'nuther one, "See what happens when Republicans control congress".....the list of excuses could go on. The hard core left like Heckler over there on LJW will be posting endless post declaring this is all Ronald Reagan's fault---lol---way!!

Real question is, are ya' ready when it happens? Exciting days ahead! The Fundamental Transformation is nearly complete.

(01-29-2015, 07:24 PM)'Agent99' Wrote: No, Obama worshipers. It's coming. I hear or read something nearly every day a collapse is coming, maybe as soon as late 2015. What's gonna be your spin when it happens. Here, let me throw one out: "This sorta stuff is cyclical---it'll correct itself". Oh no wait,  hows 'bouts 'nuther one, "See what happens when Republicans control congress".....the list of excuses could go on. The hard core left like Heckler over there on LJW will be posting endless post declaring this is all Ronald Reagan's fault---lol---way!!

Real question is, are ya' ready when it happens? Exciting days ahead! The Fundamental Transformation is nearly complete.

Does Rosetta Stone have a translator for babble?

I suppose the fact that, A. Obama campaigned on and ripped GWB's ass  (corrupt media happily in tow) for the national debt (at the time app. $8 trillion)and, B. Obama has more than doubled the national debt from all presidents from George Washington to George W. Bush to $18 trillion. I know, I know, this is all more Tea Party, right-wing nutcase, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh bullshit. That's $10 trillion in, ummm, what 6 years vs $8 trillion in 230 years.

Fundamental transformation is nearly complete.

Have to hand to Aggie, she's already blamed baby boomers and the, eh-hem, "extreme right". Lol! Ag always comes through with a good belly roll laugh. What a hoot, this 'centrist' is!

Guess what?  You're all a little bit right (or should I say correct?).  You've managed to cherry pick the parts of the article that support your agendas.  However, you're missing the elephant in the room (or is it a jackass?).  Yes, we have known about the future unfunded liabilities for decades.  Yet Dear Leader elected to run unprecedented Trillion $ deficits for several years allowing the debt to pile up to the current 18+ Trillion dollars despite knowing about the future unfunded liabilities.  The Republicans attempted to stop the madness, but there was nothing they could do short of shutting the government down and we all know what the public thinks about that.  The Fed is making loud noises about raising interest rates and IF that happens the US will never pay down its debt.  Hell, even if the Fed doesn't raise interest rates we will never get it payed down at this point.

What this writer doesn't tell you is that our gross national debt is already 100%+ of our GDP.  That means the US will either have to borrow more money or print more money to keep this bananna boat afloat.  And guess what that increases.  As far as Obamacare costing less than anticipated by CBO, did you ever think that it just might be because 0-Care is not yet fully implemented?  When the employer mandate fully kicks in next year there will be many more who lose there insurance and will be forced into 0-Care.  No doubt many more will be eligible for Medicaid and the beat goes on.

No Siree, it's not 0's fault no how - no way.  Nope...he did not put us in this hole.  It was that evil George Bush after all these years...Yep.  If he hadn't run up the debt to $8 T in 8 years, 0 would have only run it up to $10 T in 6 years.  Damn that GWB.
Based on your fury re: the purported doubled deficit-you should be doubly infuriated with Brownback. 
May you build a ladder to the stars
And climb on every rung
(01-29-2015, 08:11 PM)'Jessamine' Wrote: Based on your fury re: the purported doubled deficit-you should be doubly infuriated with Brownback. 

EXACTLY. It's also counter-intuitive on Bleat's (BAA) part that he isn't infuriated at Bush II (spent this country into the ditch, triggered a world-wide recession) , based on his endless rantings.